Gas prices and your plans

iVillage Member
Gas prices and your plans
Fri, 07-11-2008 - 11:04am

1. When is the last time you actually filled your car’s car tank completely?

2. What’s the most you’ve paid for a gallon of gas so far?

3. Has the high gas prices affected how much you travel at all?

4. Take the quiz: What does the road trip of your life say about you?
http://www.blogthings.com/theroadtriptest/

5. Which single statement was the most accurate about you?

6. If your best friend called you up and wanted to take a week-long road trip, would you be able to afford it?

Co-CL for "The Stitcher's Niche" and CL for "Remodel & Renovate"

Visit me at That Yank In... and Traveling with That Yank

Avatar made with Portrait Illustrator Maker

Stitchery WIPs: "Bath 5¢", "Walking to Town", a selection of 8 San Man snowman charts, 2 sets of curtain tie-backs using a DMC freebie chart and the DMC linen threads, a Kooler Design Studio chart form JanLynn called "Needlework Shop", "Tsunami Charity Sampler" from the fall 2007 Sampler & Needlework Quarterly, and "Autumn Leaves" from the December 2006 New Stitches

CL for

iVillage Member
Fri, 07-11-2008 - 11:18am
1. When is the last time you actually filled your car’s car tank completely? === this past Tuesday

2. What’s the most you’ve paid for a gallon of gas so far? === $4.08, although I really only paid $3.88 because of my Kroger discount card (it has been higher but I don't fill up that often)

3. Has the high gas prices affected how much you travel at all? === not yet but it will affect HOW we travel as the cost of airline tickets has nearly trebled since April so we'll either be flying coach in future (BLECH!) or driving...

The Road Trip of Your Life

You see life as precious and special. Heritage and family are very important to you.

You live a life of leisure. You take your time in every aspect of life and enjoy it to the fullest.

You are all about risk and randomness in your life. You travel off the beaten path... in fact, you're often the one carving the way!

You are able to find a fairly healthy balance between work and play. You work when you need to, but you never let yourself burn out.

You could have owned an indie bookstore or boutique in another life.

5. Which single statement was the most accurate about you?

I don't agree with the risk part and I DID let myself burn out once upon a time...but I would have LOVED to own an indie bookstore that was genre specific!

6. If your best friend called you up and wanted to take a week-long road trip, would you be able to afford it? === yes, at present, but I don't know how much longer I can say that

Stitchery WIPs: "Bath 5¢", "Walking to Town", a selection of 8 San Man snowman charts, 2 sets of curtain tie-backs using a DMC freebie chart and the DMC linen threads, a Kooler Design Studio chart form JanLynn called "Needlework Shop", "Tsunami Charity Sampler" from the fall 2007 Sampler & Needlework Quarterly, and "Autumn Leaves" from the December 2006 New Stitches

CL for

iVillage Member
Mon, 07-14-2008 - 12:50am
iVillage Member
Mon, 07-14-2008 - 4:29am

When is the last time you actually filled your car’s car tank completely?

My mother's cars' car tank is always filled when it gets to the half-filled (or half-empty) mark.

What’s the most you’ve paid for a gallon of gas so far?

Over $4 a gallon for the high grade stuff - it's what the gas guzzling vintage Mercedes drinks. Sigh...

Has the high gas prices affected how much you travel at all?

No, not really.

Take the quiz: What does the road trip of your life say about you?

http://www.blogthings.com/theroadtriptest/

You see companionship and loyalty as what's most important in life.

You live a life of leisure. You take your time in every aspect of life and enjoy it to the fullest.

You're willing to take a few risks in life. You may not take the road no one travels, but you're happy to take the road less traveled.

You are able to find a fairly healthy balance between work and play. You work when you need to, but you never let yourself burn out.

You could have owned an indie bookstore or boutique in another life.

Which single statement was the most accurate about you?

Most of it was pretty accurate lol!

If your best friend called you up and wanted to take a week-long road trip, would you be able to afford it?

Depending on which car we take, yes.

iVillage Member
Mon, 07-14-2008 - 7:55am

iVillage Member
Mon, 07-14-2008 - 12:29pm

iVillage Member
Mon, 07-14-2008 - 4:29pm
So what year in college is your DS? Is it one of those places that doesn't allow cars on campus (my undergraduate school wouldn't allow anyone but commuters to have cars until Junior year when I went...)

CL for

iVillage Member
Tue, 07-15-2008 - 12:01am
1. When is the last time you actually filled your car’s car tank completely? Last weekend, I do every fill up.

2. What’s the most you’ve paid for a gallon of gas so far? $4.39

3. Has the high gas prices affected how much you travel at all? Definately! I don't go anywhere unless I have to.

You see romantic love as what's most important in life. A deep connection with someone else is the primary thing you crave.

Your life is quite hectic. You try to slow down when you can, but it's not easy!

You're willing to take a few risks in life. You may not take the road no one travels, but you're happy to take the road less traveled.

You tend to be a workaholic. You overwork yourself without ever realizing it and sometimes suffer the consequences later.

In another life, you could have been a great artist. You trust your creative instincts enough to let them lead you.

5. Which single statement was the most accurate about you?Your life is quite hectic. You try to slow down when you can, but it's not easy!

6. If your best friend called you up and wanted to take a week-long road trip, would you be able to afford it? Not a chance, babysitter fees for 4 kids for a week?!

~

> >
iVillage Member
Tue, 07-15-2008 - 11:23am

He's a junior this fall.

iVillage Member
Thu, 07-17-2008 - 10:36am

1. When is the last time you actually filled your car’s car tank completely?

~Jackie

iVillage Member
Fri, 07-18-2008 - 1:51am

Photobucket