painting on shiny chrome or brass????

iVillage Member
painting on shiny chrome or brass????
Fri, 07-25-2008 - 4:37pm

We have a brass-toned tub faucet and shower head.

iVillage Member
Fri, 07-25-2008 - 10:52pm

Well, I suspect that a spray paint by Krylon would be your best bet --- a paint that is made for metal. You may have to "scuff" it up a bit with fine sandpaper or steel wool and then prime it --- something like Kilz --- so it has "tooth" to adhere to the brass:
http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20080606141024AA6ucBz

Be warned, however, that this paint is such that ANY mars in the finish of the brass will show up with this paint! But Krylon is reputed to be shiny enough to see yourself in, at least in the model airplane community!!!

Check out this site:
http://www.krylon.com/products/premium_metallic/

By the way, welcome to Remodel & Renovate! hope you can come back and show off your new hardware in photos!

Co-CL for "The Stitcher's Niche" and CL for "Remodel & Renovate"

Visit me at That Yank In... and Traveling with That Yank

Avatar made with Portrait Illustrator Maker

Stitchery WIPs: "Bath 5¢", "Walking to Town", a selection of 8 San Man snowman charts, 2 sets of curtain tie-backs using a DMC freebie chart and the DMC linen threads, a Kooler Design Studio chart form JanLynn called "Needlework Shop", "Tsunami Charity Sampler" from the fall 2007 Sampler & Needlework Quarterly, and "Autumn Leaves" from the December 2006 New Stitches

CL for

iVillage Member
Sun, 07-27-2008 - 3:44pm

Thanks for the information.

iVillage Member
Sun, 07-27-2008 - 4:26pm
I think you still might have to prime wooden knobs UNLESS they are pre-primed as wood is so porous it would soak up the paint... But KILZ has spray cans of primer so that wouldn't be such a big step to take.

Co-CL for "The Stitcher's Niche" and CL for "Remodel & Renovate"

Visit me at That Yank In... and Traveling with That Yank

Avatar made with Portrait Illustrator Maker

Stitchery WIPs: "Bath 5¢", "Walking to Town", a selection of 8 San Man snowman charts, 2 sets of curtain tie-backs using a DMC freebie chart and the DMC linen threads, a Kooler Design Studio chart form JanLynn called "Needlework Shop", "Tsunami Charity Sampler" from the fall 2007 Sampler & Needlework Quarterly, and "Autumn Leaves" from the December 2006 New Stitches

CL for