It's August! How about a Roll Call?

iVillage Member
It's August! How about a Roll Call?
Fri, 08-01-2008 - 10:10pm

Who is here, where is here, and what are you remodeling or renovating (or are you merely planning)?

Tell us a little bit about yourself, as we have had a number of newbies drop by lately and they may not know who we all are!

Co-CL for "The Stitcher's Niche" and CL for "Remodel & Renovate"

Visit me at That Yank In... and Traveling with That Yank

Avatar made with Portrait Illustrator Maker

Stitchery WIPs: "Bath 5¢", "Walking to Town", a selection of 8 San Man snowman charts, 2 sets of curtain tie-backs using a DMC freebie chart and the DMC linen threads, a Kooler Design Studio chart form JanLynn called "Needlework Shop", "Tsunami Charity Sampler" from the fall 2007 Sampler & Needlework Quarterly, and "Autumn Leaves" from the December 2006 New Stitches

CL for

Pages

iVillage Member
Fri, 08-01-2008 - 10:22pm

I'm Carol, your Co-Cl, I'm in NW Ohio (about one hour from the Michigan and Indiana lines), and we just finished an attic to bedroom suite conversion, which has spin off upgrades to our pantry and our laundry room! We are now trying to come up with furniture for it that fits with our concept of the bedroom as upscale guestroom...

I KNOW that DH has plans for a pergola over our deck, and he has brought home brochures for new countertops in the kitchen (currently laminate -- brochures are for engineered stone so far) so the kitchen may be in for a minor updating (new oven - hopefully double - and fridge - thinking French door with a bottom freezer drawer - are on my want list).

I'm an oldie (but I hope a goodie) with one DH and three pure-bred Bombay cats. We retired here after ten years overseas (London, Beijing and Saudi Arabia)... Before that I worked as an environmental tech editor for 12, 5 years (in San Francisco) and a community college instructor (Houston)...

I have a PhD in zoology (U of Florida); and before that a MS in biological Science (U of So Calif) an a BS in Biolical Science (Bowling Green State U)....

My hobbies are needlework (cross stitch, some black work and needlepoint, knitting and quilt piecing) papercrafting (emphasis on rubber stamping) and reading (mystery, science fiction, and biography/history, usually when traveling).

Stitchery WIPs: "Bath 5¢", "Walking to Town", a selection of 8 San Man snowman charts, 2 sets of curtain tie-backs using a DMC freebie chart and the DMC linen threads, a Kooler Design Studio chart form JanLynn called "Needlework Shop", "Tsunami Charity Sampler" from the fall 2007 Sampler & Needlework Quarterly, and "Autumn Leaves" from the December 2006 New Stitches

CL for

iVillage Member
Sun, 08-03-2008 - 12:47pm

I'm Princess B, 19, from MS.

I'm the CL of Betrayed Girlfriends Support.

iVillage Member
Sun, 08-03-2008 - 4:01pm
Hello I am Kelly CL from Your Favorite Things, I am from NY and leave with my son and hubby and 3 indoor cats. Nice board

KellysRacingSiggy.jpg picture by clw92260

KellyFollowMeYFT.gif picture by clw92260

image_1110446.jpg image by clw92260

iVillage Member
Sun, 08-03-2008 - 6:03pm
Hi, Princess? Any remodeling or redecorating in you future?

CL for

iVillage Member
Sun, 08-03-2008 - 6:04pm
Thanks, Kelly! And thanks for dropping by. Any time you need some remodeling ideas --- let me know. And if any "favorite" tools show up on your board, let me know, OK?

CL for

iVillage Member
Mon, 08-04-2008 - 12:36am

Poppy in Jakarta here. I was going to renovate my kitchen this year, but since I'm still mostly living at my parents I'm postponing this renovation for another year.

Right now I'm thinking of adding a bathroom at my parents', but the thought of having people in to do the work is putting a damper on this plan.

iVillage Member
Mon, 08-04-2008 - 10:21am

I know what you mean. Having construction workers in and out from daybreak until dinner time for nearly three months on that bedroom remodel was a real pain, even though we avoided the first month by taking a trip! LOL

It's not that I didn't trust them. It's that I had to be up and dressed before they got there (for modesty sake if nothing else) and get my car out of the garage and out of their way if I wanted to get ANYTHING done at al during the day. This was almost worse than the dust and noise!

CL for

iVillage Member
Mon, 08-04-2008 - 2:10pm

Hi everyone.

We're not planning on any remodeling in the near future, but I'm thinking about repainting the kids rooms this fall/winter.

amycmwatermelonsig.jpg picture by 3_lil_monkeys

iVillage Member
Mon, 08-04-2008 - 6:33pm
Repainting? Any specific colors?

CL for

iVillage Member
Mon, 08-04-2008 - 10:51pm

Hey Carol,

Well, we are organizing and that is kind of like remodeling with the projects we are doing.

Valentines 2009

Pages