Walk-in Tubs: Your opinion?

iVillage Member
Walk-in Tubs: Your opinion?
Wed, 08-20-2008 - 10:54pm

Surely we've all seen the ads for walk-in tubs: touted as being perfect for the elderly and/or disabled. And these tubs can be filled higher than normal tubs. Some walk-ins can be filled almost as high as four feet. Now, that's on par with a hot tub...or even higher. Throw in a few options like a whirlpool, and you've got a seriously nice bathtub. On the other hand, these are fairly pricey items, running well into the thousands of dollars.

Would you put one in your home? Now? Sometime in the future? Why or why not?

Co-CL for "The Stitcher's Niche" and CL for "Remodel & Renovate"

Visit me at That Yank In... and Traveling with That Yank

Avatar made with Portrait Illustrator Maker

Stitchery WIPs: "Bath 5¢", "Walking to Town", a selection of 8 San Man snowman charts, 2 sets of curtain tie-backs using a DMC freebie chart and the DMC linen threads, a Kooler Design Studio chart form JanLynn called "Needlework Shop", "Tsunami Charity Sampler" from the fall 2007 Sampler & Needlework Quarterly, and "Autumn Leaves" from the December 2006 New Stitches

CL for

iVillage Member
Thu, 08-21-2008 - 3:08am

I'm not much for baths --- I actually prefer showers so if I were concerned for my own age/infirmity, I'd replace a tub with a walk-in shower instead.

So I guess my answer to this question would be no, I wouldn't put one in my home...

Co-CL for "The Stitcher's Niche" and CL for "Remodel & Renovate"

Visit me at That Yank In... and Traveling with That Yank

Avatar made with Portrait Illustrator Maker

Stitchery WIPs: "Bath 5¢", "Walking to Town", a selection of 8 San Man snowman charts, 2 sets of curtain tie-backs using a DMC freebie chart and the DMC linen threads, a Kooler Design Studio chart form JanLynn called "Needlework Shop", "Tsunami Charity Sampler" from the fall 2007 Sampler & Needlework Quarterly, and "Autumn Leaves" from the December 2006 New Stitches

CL for

iVillage Member
Wed, 08-27-2008 - 9:12pm

Maybe when I'm old enough to have trouble getting in and out of my tub.