How do you pass the time when waiting...

iVillage Member
How do you pass the time when waiting...
Sun, 09-28-2008 - 3:20pm

How do you pass the time when waiting in airports, train stations, bus stations?

• read
  • People-watch
  • eat
  • connect to WiFi and check your email
  • nap
  • walk around because you will be sitting along while soon
  • other (because there almost always is an other)

You will be able to change your vote.

CL for

Pages

iVillage Member
Sun, 09-28-2008 - 3:31pm

I voted other because it is usually some combination of the choices: always at minimum a coffee or soft drink (nearly every airport has a Starbucks kiosk these days!), sometimes read (I always have a paperback in my carry-on), often walk around (usually check out the bookshop or newsstand to see if there is anything interesting to read, and there usually isn't!). Oh, and I didn't put it in as a choice but there's always at least one visit to the ladies' room! LOL

I don't nap well in those uncomfortable chairs or benches so that's out, although often I wish I could! And I'm not really into people watching although some people are impossible NOT to watch, KWIM? And I NEVER hook up my computer, as much as I may be in withdrawal, as it usually means my battery runs way down and I HATE that!

All in all, transportation terminals of all kinds are the pits, even if you have access to the first class or preferred customer lounges!

Co-CL for "The Stitcher's Niche" and CL for "Remodel & Renovate"

Visit me at That Yank In... and Traveling with That Yank

Avatar made with Portrait Illustrator Maker

Stitchery WIPs: "Bath 5¢", "Walking to Town", a selection of 8 San Man snowman charts, 2 sets of curtain tie-backs using a DMC freebie chart and the DMC linen threads, a Kooler Design Studio chart form JanLynn called "Needlework Shop", "Tsunami Charity Sampler" from the fall 2007 Sampler & Needlework Quarterly, and "Autumn Leaves" from the December 2006 New Stitches

CL for

iVillage Member
Sun, 09-28-2008 - 9:43pm
I *always* carry a book
iVillage Member
Sun, 09-28-2008 - 10:55pm
A girl after my own heart! I read more when traveling than any other time!

Stitchery WIPs: "Bath 5¢", "Walking to Town", a selection of 8 San Man snowman charts, 2 sets of curtain tie-backs using a DMC freebie chart and the DMC linen threads, a Kooler Design Studio chart form JanLynn called "Needlework Shop", "Tsunami Charity Sampler" from the fall 2007 Sampler & Needlework Quarterly, and "Autumn Leaves" from the December 2006 New Stitches

CL for

iVillage Member
Mon, 09-29-2008 - 3:04am

Thank you for the 'other' category!

I usually walk. I looooooove going to the bookshop to look at books, buy a few magazines and newspapers and the occasional gift. I look at the shops, but I rarely buy anything though if I pass by the computer shop at Changi I might as well give the guy my bank book lol. Sometimes I have something to eat, or drink a coffee - that would depend whether I had had time to eat before leaving or not.

My nephew is always astonished that I don't run towards the computer to check my email - that I only do when there is something urgent to check or if I have a very long wait. He, on the other hand, loves to play a computer game (usually soccer). It's on a very large screen and you often play against another passenger waiting for his flight.

Be free! Join us at the Ditch the Diet board

iVillage Member
Mon, 09-29-2008 - 1:43pm
Mostly people watch although if I can get a good connection, I often log into iVillage.

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Mon, 09-29-2008 - 3:19pm
There is something about airport bookshops...

CL for

iVillage Member
Mon, 09-29-2008 - 3:19pm
You are indeed a true addict!

CL for

iVillage Member
Mon, 09-29-2008 - 6:58pm
I voted "other" - the first time I ever flew, I passed the time by wrangling the 3 3yos who were with me on the trip, and the last 2 times I flew, I had my Nintendo DS so I played Sudoku. :)
Click to join the fun!
iVillage Member
Mon, 09-29-2008 - 8:34pm
Sudoku is a lot easier than 3 three-year-olds IMO! How on earth did you end up with three?

Edited 9/29/2008 11:34 pm ET by cl-thatyank

CL for

iVillage Member
Tue, 09-30-2008 - 10:54pm

Since most airlines do not serve a meal, and I am a diabetic, I usually eat at least a snack.

xoxoxoxo

Many Hands

Valentines 2009

Pages