Did anyone happen to see...

iVillage Member
Did anyone happen to see...
Wed, 10-01-2008 - 8:13pm

Extreme Makeover - Home Edition this week?

iVillage Member
Wed, 10-01-2008 - 11:11pm

I noticed that white furniture! And while many of the kids were teens, there were some toddlers there! I wonder how white it will stay!

There is an Extreme Makeover scheduled for broadcast from our neck of the woods this season which is why I watched. The local news followed the entire week of demolition and construction (you'd think NOTHING else was newsworthy that second week of September!)
http://abclocal.go.com/wtvg/story?section=resources/traffic&id=6370425
so I'm curious to see what actually got filmed.

Co-CL for "The Stitcher's Niche" and CL for "Remodel & Renovate"

Visit me at That Yank In... and Traveling with That Yank

Avatar made with Portrait Illustrator Maker

Stitchery WIPs: "Bath 5¢", "Walking to Town", a selection of 8 San Man snowman charts, 2 sets of curtain tie-backs using a DMC freebie chart and the DMC linen threads, a Kooler Design Studio chart form JanLynn called "Needlework Shop", "Tsunami Charity Sampler" from the fall 2007 Sampler & Needlework Quarterly, and "Autumn Leaves" from the December 2006 New Stitches

Edited 10/3/2008 12:52 pm ET by cl-thatyank

CL for

iVillage Member
Thu, 10-02-2008 - 10:35pm
Cool!
iVillage Member
Fri, 10-03-2008 - 12:55pm
Oh, it was really restricted... and if you were going to drive up (a 40 minute drive), find a place to park near a shuttle (no cars allowed unless you lived in the neighborhood), spend the time shuttling back and forth --- all in hopes of seeing something OTHER than the local news anchors and the volunteer contractor's group, I think you'd be very disappointed.

Stitchery WIPs: "Bath 5¢", "Walking to Town", a selection of 8 San Man snowman charts, 2 sets of curtain tie-backs using a DMC freebie chart and the DMC linen threads, a Kooler Design Studio chart form JanLynn called "Needlework Shop", "Tsunami Charity Sampler" from the fall 2007 Sampler & Needlework Quarterly, and "Autumn Leaves" from the December 2006 New Stitches

CL for

iVillage Member
Fri, 10-03-2008 - 1:12pm
So it's not "just anyone" that can volunteer to help out in some way?
iVillage Member
Fri, 10-03-2008 - 2:18pm
I don't think so. It seemed like they used professionals to do the building and were asking "others" to contribute money and other stuff to a fund... Of course this season is a lot of special needs houses (the Toledo family has illness issues as I understand it) so it may be that professional builders makes more sense in a 7 day build of a special needs house!

CL for

iVillage Member
Sat, 10-04-2008 - 12:08pm

Jackie,

I love that show.

Valentines 2009
iVillage Member
Sat, 10-04-2008 - 12:27pm
If you follow the link that Carol posted, you'll see that the family in her area has 11 kids (if I'm remembering correctly that is
iVillage Member
Sat, 10-04-2008 - 4:28pm
They do --- most of them adopted orphans from Haiti... and the mother has some sort of ailment that was hinted at

CL for