Man Caves?

iVillage Member
Man Caves?
Wed, 09-02-2009 - 6:05pm

Do you have one (or more?)?

Does your DH WANT one?

What does your DH want his man cave to be?

Back in 2007, man caves were considered to be a coming trend...
http://messageboards.ivillage.com/iv-hgfirsthome/?msg=1944.4

and we have done threads on "man rooms" often, usually in the guise of media rooms and surround sound systems - http://messageboards.ivillage.com/iv-hgfirsthome/?msg=1081.1 and http://messageboards.ivillage.com/iv-hgfirsthome/?msg=761.1 especially...

Check out this blog for one woman's take on Man Caves!
http://housecalls.ivillage.com/home/archives/2009/08/what-men-really-want-a-man-cav.htmlt

Co-CL for "The Stitcher's Niche" and ""Shake Up Your Style" and CL for "Remodel & Renovate"

Visit me at That Yank In... and Traveling with That Yank

Avatar made with Portrait Illustrator Maker

September is National Sewing Month.
In these economically challenged times, do you think we need a Repair Manifesto?

CL for

Pages

iVillage Member
In reply to: cl_thatyank
Fri, 09-04-2009 - 2:07pm

My Hubby has completely taken over our AZ room, so I guess you could call this his man cave, LOL. Sometimes I hide his HDTV clicker and laugh when he looks all over the room for it. ;o)

At least he does vacuum in there, all his stray pieces of pop corn, sunflower seeds and peanuts that fall down in his lazy-boy and on the floor under it, LOL. Now, if I could get him to mop the floor once a week and clean the bathroom

My Honeybear & Zinger! 

iVillage Member
Sun, 09-06-2009 - 12:52pm

No man, no man cave. It's all MY cave ROFL!

I was reading about double/two office spaces as being "in". I've got an office space in my bedroom, and one official office on the ground floor.

iVillage Member
Sun, 09-06-2009 - 8:22pm

My hubby does have the only extra room in our house as his office. He rebuilds computers as a hobby so it is so stuffed with that kind of stuff and his personal computer. I am sure he would love a larger man cave with a huge big screen TV and all the different kinds of gaming systems.

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Sun, 09-06-2009 - 8:44pm

My Dh started out with one (his office, which is where he does his computer and photography thing) and then he started spreading out:

He has 1/3 of the basement room as his media room and he spends a lot of time down there with the lights off, listening to music VERY loud!

He has another 1/3 of the basement as his crafting area (he paints concrete plaques and sculptures)

He has at least 1/3 of the garage (one car's worth) for his gardening gear

and he has now spread to the new bedroom suite with a desk and table where he has been working on his garden designs!

I guess we don't have a man room situation here; we have a man house! LOL

Co-CL for "The Stitcher's Niche" and ""Shake Up Your Style" and CL for "Remodel & Renovate"

Visit me at That Yank In... and Traveling with That Yank

Avatar made with Portrait Illustrator Maker

September is National Sewing Month.
In these economically challenged times, do you think we need a Repair Manifesto?

Edited 9/7/2009 1:13 pm ET by cl-thatyank

CL for

iVillage Member
Mon, 09-07-2009 - 5:24am
DH has a large part of the basement for his guitars, records, cds and other stuff.

iVillage Member
Mon, 09-07-2009 - 4:54pm

iVillage Member
Tue, 09-08-2009 - 4:34pm

No man-caves here.

Administrator
Wed, 09-09-2009 - 8:23am
Nope-no man cave at my house though my den is slowly starting to take on a man cavish appearance. ;)

shredded.gif I'm Shredded-Are you? picture by HealthAccount

Karla
Community ModeratoriVillage.com

iVillage Member
Wed, 09-09-2009 - 1:55pm
I would love my DH to have a man cave!

Photobucket 

iVillage Member
Wed, 09-09-2009 - 2:05pm
Dh would love a man cave and I'd really love to make one for him some day. Right now our "extra" room is a playroom for the kids. Maybe when they're a bit older and don't have/need so many toys we can turn it into a man room for him.

CM Kellie
Photobucket

Pages