Gifts not t your taste...

iVillage Member
Gifts not t your taste...
Sat, 11-21-2009 - 3:46pm
Do you have things in your home that you hate but display because someone you love gave them to you?

Co-CL for "The Stitcher's Niche" and ""Shake Up Your Style" and CL for "Remodel & Renovate"

Visit me at That Yank In... and Traveling with That Yank

Avatar made with Portrait Illustrator Maker

Has the recession really led us to make do instead of just throw away?
In these economically challenged times, do you think we need a Repair Manifesto?
What do you do to get yourself out of a style slump?

CL for

iVillage Member
Sat, 11-21-2009 - 3:52pm

There are a couple of things --- they aren't prominently displayed but they are out in plain view. The thought trumps the fact that the gift doesn't fit in with my taste.

besides, in a house where DH's model airplanes overtakes every flat surface, taste could be questionable in our household! LOL

Co-CL for "The Stitcher's Niche" and ""Shake Up Your Style" and CL for "Remodel & Renovate"

In these economically challenged times, do you think we need a Repair Manifesto?

CL for

iVillage Member
Mon, 11-23-2009 - 11:39am

In my house, no. In my parents' house, yes. They have a lot of things given by people which they display, and which my mom things are nice but which make me wince inwardly each time I seem them.

BTW, I have 6 model airplanes in front of me LOL!

iVillage Member
Mon, 11-23-2009 - 1:17pm
I have some things from the kids (not homemade items which I love) that are out because they bought them for me/us.

<
iVillage Member
Mon, 11-23-2009 - 6:22pm
I'll match your six and raise you something int he order of forty more! LOL

CL for

iVillage Member
Mon, 11-23-2009 - 6:22pm
"Just the right space".. I LIKE that!

CL for

iVillage Member
Tue, 11-24-2009 - 6:26pm

Do you have things in your home that you hate but display because someone you love gave them to you?

Yes! But, I really don't hate every one of them! My Hubby buys me a lot of things, like he just bought me a pretty orange/yellow fall sunflower display in a twig vase for our Thanksgiving table. It's really pretty, but has fake silk flowers, which I consider dust collectors. Not to hurt his feeling I do display them. He also buys me little ceramic figures and they are also displayed here and there.

He has a wall hanging shot glass holder and shot glasses from all over the world. I like it since it's a conversation piece hanging on the wall behind our family room bar. If he hangs something on the wall behind the bar he likes, Fake stuffed rattlesnake,

My Honeybear & Zinger!