What is in your bathroom?

iVillage Member
What is in your bathroom?
Fri, 04-09-2010 - 8:10am

Briefly describe your bathroom decor (paint color, floor color, color of the sink, tub, toilet, etc.). Is your bathroom "themed" (e.g nautical, seaside, rubber ducks, etc.).

Do you have a lot of toiletries out on the counter or do you "hide" them behind cabinet doors?

Are your bath linens (towels, wash cloths, bath mat, throw rug, etc.) all matchy matchy or do you hang whatever comes to hand from your linen closet?

Do you display any "art" in your bathroom (pictures, pottery, sculpture, etc --- items that are purely decorative but have no bathroom function)? If so, what are they and how do they fit in with your decor?

Edited 4/12/2010 4:57 pm ET by cl-thatyank

CL for

Pages

iVillage Member
Fri, 04-09-2010 - 8:29am

Briefly describe your bathroom decor (paint color, floor color, color of the sink, tub, toilet, etc.). Is your bathroom "themed" (e.g nautical, seaside, rubber duke, etc.). === The bathroom is white and there is a sort of theme: palm trees (it was a joke shower curtain that DH bought me but I took those palm trees and ran with it! LOL)

Do you have a lot of toiletries out on the counter or do you "hide" them behind cabinet doors? === I tend to hide most toiletries in an over-the-toilet cabinet, but there are a few pump bottles of hand lotion and hand soap on the counter top

Are your bath linens (towels, wash cloths, bath mat, throw rug, etc.) all matchy matchy or do you hang whatever comes to hand from your linen closet? === more or less matchy, in that I use very dark green bath sheets and wash cloths paired with camel-colored hand towels/finger tip towels with embroidered palm trees on them (there's that palm tree theme). The bath mat is white and the floor rug is a green that more-or-less goes with the towels. I do occasionally change out the dark green bath sheets and wash cloths for a curry-brown set, when I think about it...

Do you display any "art" in your bathroom (pictures, pottery, sculpture, etc --- items that are purely decorative but have no bathroom function)? If so, what are they and how do they fit in with your decor? === on the wall is a cross-stitched picture of a palm tree and on top of that over-the-toilet cabinet are two "boxes" (one sort of a hat box, the other sort of a miniature suitcase) decorated with palm trees. Otherwise, the knick knacks in my bah doesn't really go with my decor: theres a white ceramic cat that hides the toilet brush on the floor by the toilet, a very country cat tissue box cover on the vanity top (I used to have a cat themed shower curtain which got derailed by the palm tree one) , a blue and gold Chinese embroidery framed and hung over the towel rack (which DH hung before I finished the cross stitch and it has stayed through inertia) , and a tarnished silver frame with a picture of my brother and his wife...

CL for

Community Leader
Mon, 04-12-2010 - 2:27pm
I rent, so my bathroom is ugly. LOL. I have plain white walls, with an almost battle ship grey accents. (I think ran across a huge sale on this color, it is also what the trim outside is.) Even the ceramic tile is grey. Rather boring.

I try to keep all the toiletries behind closed doors. Everything except the tootbrushes and toothpaste is off the counters.

You would think with all that boring going on I would dress it up with some cutesy pootsy stuff. But, no matchy matchy things.

Thanks to the Signature Offers over at SMFB for making me a Siggy Piggy!

Community Leader
Mon, 04-12-2010 - 4:43pm

Briefly describe your bathroom decor (paint color, floor color, color of the sink, tub, toilet, etc.). Is your bathroom "themed" (e.g nautical, seaside, rubber duke, etc.).