What is in your bathroom?

iVillage Member
What is in your bathroom?
Fri, 04-09-2010 - 8:10am

Briefly describe your bathroom decor (paint color, floor color, color of the sink, tub, toilet, etc.). Is your bathroom "themed" (e.g nautical, seaside, rubber ducks, etc.).

Do you have a lot of toiletries out on the counter or do you "hide" them behind cabinet doors?

Are your bath linens (towels, wash cloths, bath mat, throw rug, etc.) all matchy matchy or do you hang whatever comes to hand from your linen closet?

Do you display any "art" in your bathroom (pictures, pottery, sculpture, etc --- items that are purely decorative but have no bathroom function)? If so, what are they and how do they fit in with your decor?

Edited 4/12/2010 4:57 pm ET by cl-thatyank

CL for

Pages

iVillage Member
Thu, 04-15-2010 - 9:19pm

Oh gosh, you don't want to see that.

iVillage Member
Fri, 04-16-2010 - 12:02am

I know what you mean about white-on-white rentals.

Some landlords will let you paint, but only if you return it to white before you leave. Others are a little more tolerant and allow a more neutral color (but not white)--- sort of a builder's beige or even a grey...

But generally, you have to make it colorful with accessories: art, throws, pillows, throw rugs, even curtains...

P.S> I meant to say, it's not all that bad, that cross stitch you made. Your daughter likes it, right? And we all had to start somewhere! Hey, I show mine: http://thatyankstitches.multiply.com/photos and some of them are pretty pathetic!

Edited 4/16/2010 12:04 am ET by cl-thatyank

CL for

iVillage Member
Fri, 04-16-2010 - 11:12pm
Those aren't pathetic at all!

Pages