Anything goes? Does that include...

iVillage Member
Anything goes? Does that include...
Sun, 08-08-2010 - 9:58pm

my sister?

iVillage Member
Sun, 08-08-2010 - 11:45pm

Oh Jackie, so sorry to hear your project got stalled out. I'm sure you did what was needed to help your sister out but having family move in is difficult (I know, we were the family that moved in onBIL and SIL back when we first came back to the States...). I hope all is well with your sister now...

And to hear that your DH is out of work... Does he have prospects? They say things are slowly getting better but a lot depends on location (around here, it doesn't look that good --- our neck of the wood was highly dependent on the auto industry and while they say they are creating jobs, they aren't creating them too awfully fast...)

CL for

iVillage Member
Mon, 08-09-2010 - 9:41pm

He's hopeful about one that he had two interviews for last week (please pardon the grammar).

iVillage Member
Tue, 08-10-2010 - 2:22pm

re your sister's trouble, OUCH! Is there no-one who can assist her?

re your DH's job, I so know how he feels. Switching job areas isn't easy right now; companies aren't taking chances unless it is on recent graduates that they can pay MUCh less to, I fear. Maybe this promising set of interviews could be for a job that has prospects for him to up his credentials to a new field of expertise? Worth trying...

CL for

iVillage Member
Fri, 08-13-2010 - 7:27pm

Sis had applied to HUD and should've been next