ROLL CALL - Who's found the new board? m

iVillage Member
ROLL CALL - Who's found the new board? m
Tue, 03-25-2003 - 9:55pm
And what do you like or dislike most about the new format?? (Don't hold back - you won't be hurting my feelings!!)

Pages

iVillage Member
Tue, 03-25-2003 - 9:57pm
Chissy in FL and I love that the emoticons are now in ABC order!! It always bugged me before that they we all mixed up! LOL

iVillage Member
Tue, 03-25-2003 - 10:08pm
Kel in canada and I love that the folder view (or main page) tells me what posts I have read and which i haven't and then takes me directly to the ones I haven't read (provided I'm logged on that is)

Kel

CL for Quick Home Fixes and Projects http://messageboards.ivillage.com/iv-hgdiy

iVillage Member
Wed, 03-26-2003 - 12:04am
I found it, I found it, I found it.

I have an open mind. I have been checking out the other boards. I think it will be OK.

Jackie, Melbourne Australia

iVillage Member
Wed, 03-26-2003 - 12:06am
Welcome to the new board Jackie!!! Glad you found it!. have fun playing while we are all sleeping! goodnight!

Kel

CL for Quick Home Fixes and Projects http://messageboards.ivillage.com/iv-hgdiy

iVillage Member
Wed, 03-26-2003 - 12:35am
Aside from the fact that it's ugly? Well, it's hard to read, hard to navigate, and too many advertisements. Maybe I'll get used to it but don't hold your breath!
iVillage Member
Wed, 03-26-2003 - 12:51am
I found it, but I don't like it! It's too confusing to navigate, not easy to see what posts are there, title spaces are short, I can't read today's posts that I wanted to read, I could go on and on.

~Cera

Hibiscus Signature PLAIN
iVillage Member
Wed, 03-26-2003 - 12:52am
I found it. LOL. Ok, It's new and different, but it isn't so bad. I am starting to like it. I think it will just take a little time to figure it all out. Give me til Friday, and it should be a piece of cake I hope.
Yahoo! Avatars   
iVillage Member
Wed, 03-26-2003 - 7:44am
I've found it but boy am I not liking it. These type of message boards are the MOST difficult to navigate, you have to go to the msg to see the responses, I just hate it. I won't be leaving Flybabies but ICK. :(

Gini

who's not happy about the new format. What genius thought this would be better? Ugh.

Gini

iVillage Member
Wed, 03-26-2003 - 7:46am
I found the new board. Too new to comment on yet : )

iVillage Member
Wed, 03-26-2003 - 7:49am
Angie here. I like it! I've had about a week to play on it now (CL for another board) and I truly honestly hated it the first day! I PROMISE FLYbabies!!! It will grow on you! You'll figure out some tricks and strategies for making it work for you personally, and you'll be hooked! I do hope that this board specifically will set up some additional folders so that the discussions are more spread out a bit, that way we can see more on the main message board page before posts starting floating down the list. JMO.

Here are a few things I really like! I like the fact that you can filter to just see today's posts in the main screen/folder view. (little drop down choice menu on main page just above the area where you see the little dots indicating if you've read something) This makes it easy to navigate and feels a lot like the old boards.

I like that *IF YOU'VE LOGGED IN* the page is very personalized and indicates which posts you've read, how many messages within a discussion are new, and if you click to see the new discussions, you're taken directly to the posts you haven't seen yet.

I like the option of having folders set up so you can ignore stuff that isn't of interest to you (or that you're not working on right now as far as FLYbaby stuff goes...Like if we had a Habit Builders folder and you weren't participating this round...you wouldn't have to wade through it like on the old boards)

I like the new profiles a lot. I think the info is more fun, and the format is nice. I'd like to see all members be able to upload personal photos in the future. But I kind of like my little *clean* house avatar too LOL

I love that as your posting a reply to a message, the message you're responding to is right below your typing area, so if its a long post you can reference it and not forget to address all points! (And with a sidetracked brain you have to admit that at least once in your message board lifetime you've clicked to respond and then totally forgotten what you were responding too LOL. This is a great SHE feature!!!)

Those are some of my favorites right off the top of my head. I hope everyone will give this a few days chance (for SHEs it might take a week or two ;) ) because this really is a good format, and will feel like home pretty quickly.

Hugs FLYbabies! I'm glad we're going through this together!!

Angie

Photobucket
Custom Photo Cards ~ Just in time fo

Pages