The good, the bad, and the UGLY!

iVillage Member
The good, the bad, and the UGLY!
Wed, 03-26-2003 - 3:45am
That's what it is.

Here's the good...emoticons in alphabetical order

ability to see posts dating back a couple of days on one board

Here's the bad (as I see it)...archives are gone, I had loads of posts dating back 4 years...totally gone! I'm quite miffed about that!

not able to expand the board and see titles to thread responses, you have to wade through all of them...I hate that.

too many advertisements

I thought that with the new look they'd try to make up for changing our beloved board with this by giving us some new icons...I was wrong.

You have to sign in all the time, even though I've clicked on save password...I had to re-sign-in this morning. It's not because it's the first day either, because I checked this out last night.

It tells when a person last visited the board, what ever happened to anonymity? What if someone just feels like lurking?

That's it for now, but I'm sure there will be more...I never did like change, lol.

~Tanya

Okay...found a new one although I'm not sure if you'll ever get this message. It won't let me post! WHAAAA

Pages

iVillage Member
Wed, 03-26-2003 - 8:26am
Don't like that because this board is soooo active, there's only room for a handful of posts on the first page, then you have to click the word "more" to see the rest! How many of our posts are going to get missed!

New Morning Mantra: "change is good, change is good, change is...."

Peace and Namaste

taz :-|

iVillage Member
Wed, 03-26-2003 - 8:35am
And what is with the "RATE THIS POST" option? How corny! Isn't that an open invitation for adversity?

"Grant me the serenity to accept the things I CANNOT CHANGE...!"

taz :o|

iVillage Member
Wed, 03-26-2003 - 9:06am
I was thinking the same thing!! It's just begging for hurt feelings and strife. Maybe if we ask them enough, they'll drop it, at least off of this board? har har.

Gini :)

Gini

iVillage Member
Wed, 03-26-2003 - 9:20am
And what about the "ignore posts from this person" option. OMG, if you're not intersted in what any member of this board has to say then YOU DON'T BELONG ON THIS BOARD! I thought that was a bit rude, just quietly, actually, truth be known.

Jules (who has been a bit fiesty this evening. I will calm down now. :-)

iVillage Member
Wed, 03-26-2003 - 9:30am
Jules, about the ignore feature. If you decide to "ignore" someone then none of their posts will show to you. They will NOT know that you have decided to ignore them. I agree that it can be rather rude but if we have a troll posting mean and nasty things over and over on the board won't it be nice to "ignore them" and have all their posts disappear?

Just so you know - Kel and I will never use the ignore feature. As a CL it is our responsibility to see all the posts.

Now, If you post to someone and they don't reply to you and you think they might be ignoring you you have the option of sending them an email through their profile. You won't be able to see their email addy but iVillage will redirect your email to the email addy they have on record. So you can handle the matter privately.

~Chrissy

iVillage Member
Wed, 03-26-2003 - 9:34am
Ignore isn't useful on this board, but it would be very useful on some. There are boards on the relationships channel where people try to stir up trouble. Or every once in awhile, there are two people who just don't get along. Ignoring each other is preferable to the alternative. LOL

Scout

Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker
iVillage Member
Wed, 03-26-2003 - 9:45am
Oh, I understand now, yes it can be useful. I am very humble. :)

Jules
iVillage Member
Wed, 03-26-2003 - 10:48am
Hi Taz, Gini and everyone...about the Ratings Feature--

This was been turned off for our boards before launch, so although it is visible, it is not functional. On some boards (in other channels), it may be useful, but not at H&G. We are working with tech to get the button/stars removed completely.

I want to reiterate what Chrissy said, Moderators, other staff as well as cls will NEVER ignore a member. I doubt it will be necessary very much at all on H&G boards even for members, but in the event of any trouble, it could be instrumental :). In other words, it's not much fun to poke if no one says 'Ow' -- i.e., it could make for a very big bore for any potential troublemakers that may ever visit in the future.

Thanks,

Leslie

Home and Garden CM

iVillage Member
Wed, 03-26-2003 - 11:39am
Wow, It's great that you all plan on getting rid of the rate a post. And I understand about the ignore a person. But isn't it great everyone, that we don't have to really worry about that, because we are all friends and alot like family. Well, lets face it you are all the nicest people I have ever met.
Yahoo! Avatars   
iVillage Member
Wed, 03-26-2003 - 11:42am
I agree Buffie -- it IS great that we don't need that IGNORE feature on this board (Unless of course, everyone starts ignoring me! LOL!)

Slowly coming around -- SLOWLY!

taz

:o\

Pages