Weekend ta-da! - Yardwork and Flinging

iVillage Member
Weekend ta-da! - Yardwork and Flinging
Mon, 04-07-2003 - 9:52am
DH took two old push-lawnmowers to "transfer station" (the dump) and got a rebate (recylcing program) for a reel mower that I've always wanted. The two old ones had been sitting on the side of the house unused for 2+ years screaming "white trash" - but they weren't up on blocks!. :-)

Also, one good turn deserves another. DH helped friends move in on a couple Saturdays and I'm always telling him it creates good "karma". Well, neighbors saw us bagging all the branches and leaves we were raking and let us use their truck to get rid of a pile of branches. Couldn't get the whole pile but we got most of it. It's been there about 2+ years too. And I took four lawn bags to the dump from what I had just raked.

As DH says "We're flinging outside now!". Eventually the weather will cooperate and we can get to the garage and garden. Just felt the yard needed it more on this particulary nice snippet of weather.

I also finished raking the back yard (front I did last month during a warm day) and DH fertilized both front and back. Yeah! - Max

PS - Still have the x-mas tree we put out for the birds to have shelter. That'll go in the next load! :-)

iVillage Member
Tue, 04-08-2003 - 4:33am
WTG Max!

you got loads done, we have only just shredded our Christmas tree, last year we bought a new "quiet" shredder, it is soooo good and sooo satisfying, we kept looking for more to shred LOL

what is it about lawnmowers? My Dad used to collect old ones in his shed, so did a friend of his, luckily DH has not caught this habit!!

Sheila

Sheila

CL at

iVillage Member
Tue, 04-08-2003 - 9:07am
VERY cool! Those are the sorts of things that really make me feel good--accomplishing something I've put off for a long time. :)

You guys got a lot done. Yea you!

Katz

iVillage Member
Tue, 04-08-2003 - 10:34pm
Way to flywash your dh! That is so funny what he said about flinging outside! LOL. Really wonderful too that your neighbors returned the kindness.

Susan :)