Where do/will we go? Please respond (M)

iVillage Member
Where do/will we go? Please respond (M)
Tue, 04-01-2003 - 5:58am
all, as I would very much like to know where else (at what other sites) you have found message boards that you like. Not sure if ivillage.com will be where I want to be for much longer, and I realize that I should have sought out other sites long ago--have been relying too much on just one site--not a good thing.

Any favorite sites anyone has? Surely wouldn't want to leave the incredible bunch of folks I have "met" here--hope you don't mind my wanting to "tag along" to other places with you.

It also would be nice to know that when a member site is set up, that info will always be there for retrieval--so much info there, a shame to waste!

Here's one site that others have mentioned: hillbillyhousewife.com, I believe. It actually has nothing to do with the title, but has many frugal ideas from a plain and simple lady, who is hardly a hillbilly!

Thanks in advance for any suggestions. I will be sure to take note of them, as I never know anymore if or when this board will evaporate! LOL!

iVillage Member
Tue, 04-01-2003 - 6:13am
I enjoy www.dollarstretcher.com and i think its called www.mommysavers.com good luck bye hun kelley
iVillage Member
Tue, 04-01-2003 - 7:10am
I'm relatively new to ivillage message boards (I think I've only been here since the end of February) but I just don't get it. Why is there such a big huff against ivillage for bringing their message boards more up to date? Honestly I just don't understand why this has everyone's panties is such a wad. It took me all of a day and a half to completely be able to understand how these boards now work, and in my mid forties I'm not too crazy about change, lol. Its the same way the boards at say, the TLC website work, basically the same way the boards at the PBS website work, and almost identical to the way all of the AOL boards I used to read before switching to a dsl worked. Why would someone leave these boards over this? Aren't the same group of women who have posted all along still sharing friendship and ideas here? Isn't that alone worth getting used to the structure changes? Someone please explain this to me.

Nancy2
iVillage Member
Tue, 04-01-2003 - 7:14am
there have been other changes as well at iVillage, and some bad decisions by the powers that be - I have seen things go downhill since I started posting in 1997 (and was a co-cl). I beleive that is what the ladies are talking about - the changing of the structure of the boards was the straw that broke the camel's back sort of thing - done w/ no input from anyone, which is VERY unlike the original iVillage and the way they said they would run this organization.

:>) Barb

iVillage Member
Tue, 04-01-2003 - 10:14am
HI JOY,

I don't like the new board format, for one thing, only if you bring up the "outline view" can you see who has posted. For the other thing, I am very disappointed that the

site i worked so hard on, for ourselves and the new posters, isn't available. NOT being able to make and see a "lead in" without n/t or (M) makes

us not know who has been here, who hasn't..and who is new. The profiles have also changed. I don't go to another website to post. I know in the past some of the

posters have started groups on their own at Yahoo, it's difficult...and time

comsuming, same sort of board, brings the latest post to the top, can't see the poster,

I tried to think of a way I can be comfortable with this, It's too time consuming, and

I have a cable hookup. I still read a little, not posting much

Hey I am 52+, hard to adjust to change! LOL

The search only goes back one year, much of the info, is back past one year. It was easier for me to answer other posters, WElcome them and also point them to the website,

for all of that info! Can't do it now, and I can't keep retyping the same info.

I still lurk...I actually went all the way back to the first board, and tried to figure

a way to copy and paste, the info, onto a new website that isn't dependent on the archives. That would take reading each and every message, and you can see there are over 9000 of them. I asked myself "WHY am I doing this?"

It's really sad, but oh well...as much as I love this board, I can't sit here for hours, days or even weeks, again....

MY silence....speaks for itself

NHNancy~
iVillage Member
Tue, 04-01-2003 - 1:02pm
Hey, there's a new feature.

Now to read through the posts

in a speedier fashion, all you

have to do is hit the next

button at the bottom of each

post. Yay

That is a great timesaver,try it.

Brenda

My forever siggy

I spend my time on

iVillage Member
Wed, 04-02-2003 - 6:48pm
I have to agree at least in part. I am going through a difficult time right now and cannot stay on long enough to post much. I have enjoyed lurking though and reading posts here and there. I feel a little less isolated when I can at least read the banter that used to go on. I'm sure I will adjust and I usually don't have a problem with change. Still I feel like I've lost touch with some good friends. I hate to think people will leave the board over the changes. I know ivillage has changed but that is the nature of things. It still offers a great deal to all of us. If nothing else it gives a central place to connect with one another. I enjoy having a place to ask questions and throw ideas on the table to be discussed with like minded friends. Take Care everyone. Trudy
iVillage Member
Sat, 04-12-2003 - 9:19pm
http://frugalliving.about.com/

I like About.com there is alot of interesting forums on there. Plus when you reply to someone's message and they reply to you, you get an email telling you who the forum and the person who replyed to you. Hard to explain, but I really like the forums.

Debbie