Knocked some things of my to do list

iVillage Member
Knocked some things of my to do list
Sun, 10-15-2006 - 12:38am

Last night I cleared all the bottles and sippy cups out of one of my cabinets. I couldn't believe how much stuff was in there that we don't use anymore. Both girls drink out of straw cups, and my 16 month old hasn't had a bottle in at least 4 or 5 months (she was mostly breastfed). That frees up a lot of space for their straw cups and regular cups (that they're slowly learning to drink from).

I also finally got around to caulking around a few of our outlet covers in the kitchen. I've been planning on doing that for over 5 years now. When we first moved in to our house we thought it would be a good idea to tile our backsplash. It came out pretty good, considering we had no idea what we were doing, but there were a few places around the outlets (where we had to cut the tiles and didn't do a very good job)that had gaps and it just didn't look good. Finally, I was in Home Depot the other day (BTW, why is impossible to go in there and spend less than $50?) and I got myself some caulk and today I sealed those gaps. It looks so much better!

Yay for me!

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

babies

Lilypie 4th Birthday Ticker
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Sun, 10-15-2006 - 3:28pm

Yay, Amy!

I have to go to Home Depot this week.

AcornLeaves
iVillage Member
Mon, 10-16-2006 - 12:30am

No

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
iVillage Member
Mon, 10-16-2006 - 1:37pm

• Am I the only one who will write something I did on my list if it was not originally there just so I can cross it off?

Actually, Jamie, that's not a bad idea.

AcornLeaves
iVillage Member
Mon, 10-16-2006 - 4:25pm

I agree with you on the $50 principle at Target, too. LOL.

As for tiling, my best tip would be to let a professional do it. LOL. It was a gigantic mess and it took a long time and probably didn't save us that much money. It was kind of fun, though and I love telling people that we did it ourselves.

I've been known to put something on my to do list that wasn't there before just so I can cross it off. It makes me feel like I've accomplished more.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

babies

Lilypie 4th Birthday Ticker
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Mon, 10-16-2006 - 11:50pm

Barb you make a great point about the lists, I always love to use a template instead f trying to reinvent the wheel.

For example, when I make a packing list I leave it in the luggage to use next time.

And I leave my dinner time line for getting the turkey and the gravy on the table hot simotanously in my Thanksgiving/Fall decorations box.

That way these lists are not in my way all the time, but they are there when I need them. Plus I never have to remember where I put them.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket