Friday Five

iVillage Member
Friday Five
Fri, 03-28-2003 - 7:07am
TGIF. When I first put my head out the door this morning I saw a Robin-first one of the seson, so to me Spring is officially here! What are your signs that prove to you that Spring has arrived?

Beth

The best thing for the inside of a man/woman is the outside of a horse-heard during President Reagan's Funeral

iVillage Member
In reply to: cl_thunder_ca
Fri, 03-28-2003 - 7:11am
Of course for me other signs of spring are baby calves-big time of year for births, my crocus and tulips coming up but for as long as I can remember, must have been something I was told, when I see the first Robin then I have proof that spring is really here to stay!

Oh and am I talking to myself lately? Is everybody having troubles with the new format? I would appreciate it if everyone could email me at thundersdolls@hotmail.com cause I have an important question to ask!

Beth

The best thing for the inside of a man/woman is the outside of a horse-heard during President Reagan's Funeral

iVillage Member
Fri, 03-28-2003 - 7:58am
Hmmmm. What spring means to me...

1). Flowers - like you said Beth, crocuses and grape hyacinths are popping up here --- and the local cancer society was selling daffodils the other day. I LOVE daffodils! Must be teh Welsh in me! LOL

2). Greening of the frass (which also means a lack of snow this year!)

3). A certain feeling in the air - the way the breeeze feels, sort of soft and slightly warm - no edges to it.

4). Birds - definitley birds. Although out where we are now, there don't seem to be that many.

5). and I will know spring really is here when the dogwoods and redbuds bloom!

Carol

That Yank, who would email you, Beth, if I had my laptop! As soon as they call from the computer shop telling me that it is ready to come home (and hoepfully that they haven't killed it!), I will...

CL for "

iVillage Member
Fri, 03-28-2003 - 12:21pm
Geese coming back

Snow melting

Longer, sunny days

Seeing people out on the public paths with their families

Better produce in the grocery store ;)

iVillage Member
Sat, 03-29-2003 - 10:21am
Ahhhhhhhhhh! Signs of spring.

1. Crocuses blooming - that is the first real reliable sign in my yard.

2. The first robin.

3. Forsythia and daffodils which come just a bit after the crocuses. They are blooming now.

4. Birds starting to build nests -- haven't seen that yet this year.

5. Kids going off to school in the morning wearing shorts, in spite of the fact that to my mind it is still w-a-a-a-a-a-y to cool for that! And the mailman! He was in shorts the other day!

Becky

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Sun, 03-30-2003 - 3:16pm
1. Crocuses

2 Tulips

3. Dog poop which was hidden under the snow

4. rain

5. mud

I love spring though even with 3 and 5!