Sewing help? business?

iVillage Member
Sewing help? business?
Mon, 03-31-2003 - 4:05pm
Hello everyone. I have not posted here much lately.. have been rather busy with work and trying to find a new job and all... ugh! Had barely anytime to stitch recently either. Anyway... I'm back... off and on.

Wanted to get in touch with someone who sews here... I have a business proposition and wanted to see if anyone was interested in assisting me with it.

Its rather simple actually, I need to get a replacement doggie bed or two sewn/made. I have the measurements and all, just need someone who can sew and owns a sewing machine to offer their services. Preferably someone in the US since that would cut down on shipping cost and times. I am willing to compansate reasonable on it. please email me for the details : valerlow@yahoo.com.sg

Thank you!

~Val~

iVillage Member
Tue, 04-01-2003 - 1:52am
Val,

I'm not iun the US and can't help with the sewing, but I assume that you want to have the bed specially made because you need to match a fabric or something. Sounds like an interesting idea.

I don't know where in the US you live, but if you are in the Southern California area, let me know. I lived there for 13 years and know lots of people there who could help you out. Otherwise, consider visiting your local sewing/fabric store, many have message boards and you could post a message there. I can't believe you should have to deal with shipping - there should be someone local who would love to earn a little extra cash on a project like yours. Good luck!

HTH

Tina

iVillage Member
Tue, 04-01-2003 - 6:55am
Just sent you an email!

Welcome back stranger. Sure hope you can come by and post alot more often!

Beth

The best thing for the inside of a man/woman is the outside of a horse-heard during President Reagan's Funeral

iVillage Member
Wed, 04-02-2003 - 10:25am
Hi Val! It is really good to see you. We did miss you. Hope you will be able to get back more often. How is the job search going?

I agree that there really ought to be someone in your area who sews who could do this for you. But Beth does nice work and if she is willing, go for it!

Becky

Photobucket