Friday Five

iVillage Member
Friday Five
Fri, 04-18-2003 - 7:47am
Since this is Easter weekend, how about 5 things you do for Easter

Beth

The best thing for the inside of a man/woman is the outside of a horse-heard during President Reagan's Funeral

iVillage Member
In reply to: cl_thunder_ca
Fri, 04-18-2003 - 7:52am
Mine are other than the religious part of it all

1)- Easter usually means spring

2- for the last several years Easter usually meant seeing my parents for the first time in months cause the winter in Florida

3-hearing the squeals of delight from my kids when they see the Easter bunny went through and left them something

4-getting together with family for a meal-less stressed than Christmas time and the kids can often be outside to play!

5-When I was a kid we always got a new dress for Easter so that was fun. For years I carried on that tradition with my daughter but now at 15 she prefers to buy her own clothes!

Beth

The best thing for the inside of a man/woman is the outside of a horse-heard during President Reagan's Funeral

iVillage Member
Fri, 04-18-2003 - 8:15am
Well, if I were still in Saudi Arabia, I could probably answer this by listing all the things I would do in arranging the "Spring Egg Hunt" party (for two years, I got "lumbered" with this task as no-one else was volunteering but a lot of people were demaanding...): arrange an egg-dying party for mothers to dye eggs to hide for the hunt; shop for goodies to put in "basket" for the kids; put together baskets; cook a pot-luck dish for the hunt party; arrange with the client to use the VIP Park to hold the party; etc.

Because of the location, there were no religious connections or events held... hence "Spring Egg Hunt" rather than "Easter Egg Hunt"!

Sometimes, the American Women of the Eastern Province would also arrange an "Easter" party for the kids and the American Businessmen's Association would hold a "Spring Fling" at the consulate for all non-kids which happened at the same time.

Here in NW Ohio - we haven't done a thing yet - although dear niece is clamoring for us to dye eggs and hide them for her on Sunday morning (and we don't have any dye in the house so it looks like today could be VERY busy!)!

Carol

That Yank

iVillage Member
Fri, 04-18-2003 - 9:29am
Well, a lot of my Easter traditions had to do with my kids and since they are no longer at home and I have no grands, yet, I am not sure I can come up with five.

1. Of course the main one is attending Easter services at church. When our youth group used to have a "Son Rise" service not quite at sunrise, but quite early, I attended that. Now that they no longer do that I opt for sleeping in and go to the 11:00 a.m. service.

2. I usually try to have a new outfit, or at least spiff up an old one, but that does not seem to be working out this year for numerous reasons!

3. We usually have had family dinner together, but that, too, will not happen this year, because DD's in-laws have spoken for Easter. We may see her briefly tomorrow when she is in town to get together with an old high school friend who is in from the west coast.

4. Of course when the kids were little, and even not so little but still living at home, we had to have Easter baskets!

5. And there always has to be a bag of jelly beans for mommy! LOL!

That's my 5, after a fashion.

Becky

Photobucket