Can I join in?

iVillage Member
Can I join in?
Sun, 04-27-2003 - 5:48pm
Hi, my name is Jennifer and I love crafts too. I know cross-stitch, knitting, dabbling in quilting and sewing. As usual I have too many projects going on at once LOL. Maybe I'll get finished one day. I usually have 3 knitting projects going on at the same time. My latest project is a cute quilted bag made w/ fat quarters. It is adorable. I have to finish the handles and I'm done. Jennifer
iVillage Member
In reply to: betsie428
Sun, 04-27-2003 - 8:14pm
Welcome Jennifer,

I am sure one of the CL's will welcome you soon but you popped this message just as I was checling the board out. Mostly I plastic canvas, but do many thread crafts, when time permits. I am just learning Filet crochet this week.

Paula
iVillage Member
Sun, 04-27-2003 - 10:14pm
Can you tell me what Filet crochet is? I know what crochet is and I can get a chain made and thats about it lol. Is it some kind of stitch or something? Thanks for reading my post. Jennifer
iVillage Member
Mon, 04-28-2003 - 7:12am
Of course you can join us! Welcome to the board. Glad to see a new face around here always!

Beth

The best thing for the inside of a man/woman is the outside of a horse-heard during President Reagan's Funeral

iVillage Member
Mon, 04-28-2003 - 8:12am
Welcome aboard! Happy stitching. Little

Be the change you want to see in the world ~ Mahatma Gandhi

iVillage Member
Mon, 04-28-2003 - 8:49am
Jennifer,

The best way I can think to explain Filet is it is a combination of open and filled squares which allow you to form a picture within your work. The pattern I am using is called "Little Hearts" and will be a doily which is almost squared by the looks and will contain four hearts in the center of it. I am looking to learn this as a friend would like me to make some curtains for her and I think a small pattern in the valance style curtain will be very pretty. i thought of a butterfly or some such thing would look very pretty over her sink and give her a lift every day when she looks to it.

Paula
iVillage Member
Mon, 04-28-2003 - 9:20am
Welcome, Jennifer!

It's always neat to "see" new faces around here!

Keep coming back - for tips, for conversation, for good company!

We'd be glad to have you!

Carol

That Yank

CL for "

iVillage Member
Tue, 04-29-2003 - 9:47am
Hi Jennifer! Welcome to the board. We are glad to have you. Sorry it took me so long to greet you. I have been having severe problems with my computer system lately and couldn't seem to get the board to work right yesterday no matter what I tried!

I know what you mean about having a lot of different projects going at once. I am often like that, too. When you are interested in a lot of different crafts it is hard to limit yourself to one thing at a time.

I do cross stitch mostly now and sewing, but have done needlepoint and other embroidery, crochet, and have dabbled in rubber stamping, knitting, tatting, quilting and a host of other crafts!

Please come back often and let us know all about your currant projects.

Becky

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Tue, 04-29-2003 - 7:13pm
Hi Jennifer and Welcome. That bag sounds really cool. Could you email me the pattern you are using? I do quilting and sewing so that sounds like a neat project to do. My email is maureen@js-law.com I know also what you mean about different projects at once. I am working on two needlepoint projects, a knitting project and I just started beading too. I am always in progress on something. Please keep us updated on all your wonderful projects.

Maureen