So Happy I am going to a Sewing (m)

iVillage Member
So Happy I am going to a Sewing (m)
Tue, 04-29-2003 - 7:17pm
and Quilting Expo on Thursday and taking a hand quilting class with my mother there. I get a day off of work to boot too. It is going to fun to go and spend time with my mom. I will let you all know how it goes.

Maureen

iVillage Member
Thu, 05-01-2003 - 10:31am
That sounds like so much fun, Maureen! Hope you enjoy it and learn a lot. It is great to be able to share it with your mom.

My daughter and I went to the Creative Arts and Textiles Show (CATS) in Hershey, PA last fall. We had a wonderful time browsing through all the booths and getting some great ideas! We did not take any classes, but I am ordering the class book this year and we plan on going again and maybe taking a class this time. I just need to narrow it down to just one class, because that's all I can afford and have time for! LOL!

Becky

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Thu, 05-01-2003 - 6:41pm
Hi Becky,

The show was fun and so was the class (though not what we expected). I was thinking it was a hand "piecing" class but it was a hand "quilting" class but we still learned things that we didn't know before. Hand quilting is hard but with practice I will get the hang of it. I bought some pre-made quilt squares with Sun Bonnet Sues on them to embroider with varigated thread. Don't know what I will do with them when completed. I also bought some beading kits for a beaded barette and a cameo pin with beads around it. In the quilting class they gave use a whole cloth quilt (small one) to be completed at home with the backing and batting. Also the hoop, thread, needle and thimble. Not sure when I will do that since I have to practice first to see if I can get the rhythm going. We are hoping to hit a couple more quilt shows during the summer months so I am going to try and put some money aside out of my checks for spending cash when we go.

Maureen

iVillage Member
Fri, 05-02-2003 - 10:21am
Maureen, I am glad you had a good time. Sounds like you added a fair amount of stash to your collection. LOL!

My aunt used to make quilts and I remember a Sunbonnet Sue one that she made. I really like that one. That was way back when I was a kid. I wonder what ever happened to it? Thanks for the memory!

Becky

Photobucket