How about a Roll Call???

iVillage Member
How about a Roll Call???
Mon, 05-05-2003 - 10:00am
Cause over the last couple of weeks we have been seeing some new names and faces around here. How about telling each other where we are from and a bit about ourselves?

Beth

The best thing for the inside of a man/woman is the outside of a horse-heard during President Reagan's Funeral

Pages

iVillage Member
Mon, 05-05-2003 - 10:05am
I am Beth and I live in Quebec with my hubby, 2 kids, dog and 5 horses. I love cross stitch when I can find time to do it! I also work from home with my own biz of sewing/selling doll clothes both on the Internet and at local craft shows.

I have been on the board here for I think a bit over 2 years not long after it started. I love meeting new people and finding out about them

And I am happy I am no longer the only Canadian on board! And for those who wonder the picture is of me riding my horse Jolly in a parade that was a dream of a lifetime come true! And no I rarely have a picture taken without the horse or a cowboy hat!

Beth

The best thing for the inside of a man/woman is the outside of a horse-heard during President Reagan's Funeral

iVillage Member
Mon, 05-05-2003 - 4:11pm
Paula, rural western NY, I live with my daughter, her S/O lately, and daughter's 7 yr old DS. I home school this child and babysit most of 24/7, as mom works nights and S/O works second, so someone is coming, going, eating or sleeping here. Whew, feels like a bed and breakfast! I also 2 other married children and two other DG babies (12 and 6, not exactly babies). My other daughter and her 2 kids live a mile away, and my son lives in Virginia so I rarely get to see him and his lovely wife.

I used to do just about any craft imaginable, but upon my mom's death I turned it all off. I am now picking them all back up again slowly. I have only been coming to the boards for about half a year, but truly love them and the people involved in them.

I find the new boards easier than the old but that is one woman's opinion. i am glad to see new people coming on!

Keep up the good work CL's!

iVillage Member
Mon, 05-05-2003 - 4:47pm
Paula, it is nice to hear a good word about the new board format!

I am glad you are able to get back into crafting, because it is a great way to express yourself.

Glad to have you with us. We try to make the board what our members want, so feel free to suggest anything you'd like to see.

Becky

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Mon, 05-05-2003 - 4:53pm
Becky here in Maryland -- suburban Baltimore area.

I am an empty nester, mother of one DD and one DS, both married and on their own. No grands as yet, but I can wait until they are ready -- just not TOO long! LOL!

My DH and I will celebrate 35 years of marraige in August!

I mostly am doing counted cross stitch and sewing right now, but have tried a lot of different things and like to dabble! LOL!

Becky

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Tue, 05-06-2003 - 8:22am
Hi there -- I'm Carol, That Yank, sitting in NW Ohio at the inlaws, waiting out DH's medical leave/leave without pay...

Married, one husband (not a healthy one at that these days), and one cat (not happy since he is forced to share a house with three other cats and a dog at present and none of them really care much for his presence).

Was an expat (four years in London, 2 years in Beijing and 4+ in Saudi Arabia) before DH's medical problems (prostate cancer in summer of 2002, followed by clinical depression, anxiety and dual dependency on alcohol and sleeping pills) caused us to return to Ohio, to live in the inlaws' guest room while being treated. *IF* DH gets a new assignment (and he is thinking that he really doesn't want one now), it will definitely be state-side.

We have homes (2) in CA and (1) TX) but are thinking seriously (and reluctantly on my part) on retiring to Ohio...

I cross-stitch and (if I had my stash and sewing machine with me instead of in storage with another 30,000 pounds of stuff) quilt (or at least piece! LOL Never have actually quilted anything yet...). Also do other kinds of embroidery (and have even stuffed a Christmas Tree and a few pumpkins in my time - but don't really do "real" sewing...)rubber stamp, scrap a little, read a lot and hang out on the computer at iVillage way too much!

Edited 5/6/2003 8:25:02 AM ET by thatyank

CL for "

iVillage Member
Wed, 05-07-2003 - 8:55pm
I am Littlemom, taken from my DS name for me when he got to be as tall as I. LOL!

I am currently living in Seoul, South Korea, and have been an expat for, can't believe it, eighteen years! I have lived in England, Panama and at the Naval Base at Guantanamo Bay Cuba, besides here in Korea. I work full time as an Administrative Assistant, love to work out, and have recently gotten into yoga.

I used to be an avid sewer, and even made my DH a couple of sport coats and a nice suit for myself, back when I was a SAHM. In my younger days, I also knitted, tried crocheting a bit, and did lots of other "crafty" things, but now, I cross stitch only. Just can't find (or make) the time to do anything else.

Little

Be the change you want to see in the world ~ Mahatma Gandhi

iVillage Member
Thu, 05-08-2003 - 9:53am
Yoo Hoo, Jennifer the chick here from the south. Ga that is and my favorite hobbies for this week is a) monitoring the severe t-storms that we've had for 3 days and one more round this pm on it's way Whew! Yes we've had funnel clouds and hail and whatnot all week. No really I enjoy cross-stitching which I haven't touched in a while. Knitting is my fav right now. I like hand knitting and my newest "toy" is the Bond ultimate knitting machine which I'm learning. I like hand knitting cause I can talk and work and actually accomplish both at the same time LOL. I am also dabbling w/ quilting. I am finishing up the craft bag which I mentioned earlier and I'm working on a golden retriever quilt. I love goldens :) I love kitties too I own 4. I love to play kickball w/ my 7 yr old daughter who is quite smart and inquisitive for her age. Dh is a dream too. I wouldn't trade him for anything. My log in name Betsie comes from an inside joke w/ my best girlfriend from college. When we were small we had cattle. Well she had this one particular holstein named Betsie and she an I have had many a joke about that 1 cow and my cattle(don't ask why LOL) so I made it my name for ivillage. the 4 is for april my dh b-day and 28 came cause I was 28 at time I started ivillage. Yes I'm 30 now. Well enough of me. Everyone have a great day. Jennifer :)
iVillage Member
Thu, 05-08-2003 - 11:49am
An introduction... My name is Stacey and I'm a fabric-a-holic.

I love to sew. It's my personal therapy of choice - retreating into a project or the fabric store when life gets a little crazy. (ours even plays soft calming music in the evenings for atmosphere!)

I enjoy, and mainly sew, fancier stuff (heirloom sewing) for kids - bapstism gowns/flower girls/ 1st communions.... (anything white!), the odd wedding/bridesmaid dress, nightgowns, fancier party dresses for my kids & me. Since my girls are last in a long line of girl cousins, they won't need everyday clothes for years! Recently started my own home business after sewing for family for years - the refernces got to be enough to warrent tax write offs (dh is thrilled)! My label: Lullabyes & Lace

Started a bit of easy quilting last year - like it but not in a passionate way - yet. Signed up for lessons next fall to learn to tat (woo hoo)... don't mind x-stich, prefer ribbon or shadow embroider, hate knitting with a passion.

What else?? I'm heavily involved in my community league, attend a ladies book club once a month, and started taking belly dance classes 2 years ago which are soooo much fun! I'm hooked for sure! (and best part - sewing all those fab costumes!!! a great new creative outlet!)

I'm turning 34 next wednesday (but I've decided to count backwards this year so everyone will be told 32 instead!! LOL). I've got 2 dd's - age 4&5 - who drive me nuts... but they are too cute to get mad at. Married 8 years, we live in AB/Can (got a ton of snow this week! ugh)

iVillage Member
Thu, 05-08-2003 - 5:10pm
You will have to let me know what you think of tatting once you have tried it. My aunt used to tat edgings on handkerchiefs and dresser scarves. I taught myself a bit, but never got very good at it. Then I tried needle tatting, but couldn't figure out how to get beyond the first motif. Sigh!

Great thing about counting those birthdays backwards is that soon you'll be younger than your girls and then you can drive them crazy! LOL!

Becky

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Thu, 05-08-2003 - 9:50pm
I had a pretty good chuckle when I heard that Alberta had been hit by another storm! Sorry but it made my big mouthed older brother shut up! He laughed at us last week when we got hit!

Both of my brothers live in Calgary and many many many years ago I lived out there too for a year.

Hope you get some nice weather soon.

Cool on the home biz-I am almost ready to register my biz-should get it done but too many other things to do!

Beth

Pages