Guess what I got for Mother's Day?

iVillage Member
Guess what I got for Mother's Day?
Sun, 05-11-2003 - 5:41pm
So my DH and I discussed it last night (after I had made my first nursing pillow, which did turn out well, I have to admit) and this morning and decided that getting replacement parts and repairing a machine of that age (the 40 year old machine) that it would be much easier to get a new one. He got me a nice middle line Singer, which is exactly what I needed since I am such a novice sewer! But LOOK OUT!!! I purchased some more fabric and intend on getting the kids' pillows sewn tonight (they liked the nursing pillow so much that I had them pick out their own fabric for their own pillows this morning), and then I have an outfit and some shorts to make for the DD and DS.

I think I have found my new obsession! Finally something that I can do that will turn out something of benefit to the family as opposed me to just buying cloth diapers (which will be my next feat once I get this fear of all things sewn out of my system!).

Thanks for your advice in my last post!

Meredith

Mom to McCayla, Evan, and Reilly or Jenna EDD 6/22

iVillage Member
Sun, 05-11-2003 - 9:52pm
Nice present for sure! Sometimes it is just alot cheaper to buy a brand new machine. by the sounds of it this machine will pay for itself quite fast!

Beth

The best thing for the inside of a man/woman is the outside of a horse-heard during President Reagan's Funeral

iVillage Member
Mon, 05-12-2003 - 2:47pm
That's great, Meredith! Enjoy your new toy. Sewing can be a really satisfying way to create some great things for you and your family.

Becky

Photobucket