I am so mad right now

iVillage Member
I am so mad right now
Wed, 05-28-2003 - 10:03pm
After all the work I did on the Bunny sampler for my niece I was just told that it 'would not go with her motif for the room and anyway she is stitching things for herself so make yours into a pillow' Meaning she doesn't want my piece of junk.

Anybody need a baby sampler? I will sell it for the cost of material and forget about the labor-the undeserving brat will be getting a useful but meaningless basket of baby items from the Dollar Store from her Aunt.

Here is the pic http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2003-5/185105/baby2.JPG

Beth

The best thing for the inside of a man/woman is the outside of a horse-heard during President Reagan's Funeral

iVillage Member
Thu, 05-29-2003 - 7:45am
Hi beth. Isn't that unnerving! Some folks just don't apperciate what others make for them. I would've accepted it graciously and "Made" a special a place for it. How big is the sampler? and how much you sell it for. I have a new niece/nephew on the way. Anyhow don't let this bug you all day. Have a great day. Jennifer
iVillage Member
Thu, 05-29-2003 - 10:46am
How thoughtless of her! Even if she didn't like it very much, she should have considered the time you put into it and found it a place of honor! Oh well, saves you the time and trouble of ever stitching anything for her again! LOL!

I think it is beautiful and well-done -- not a piece of junk at all! If you have no takers for it here, you should offer it at one of your craft sales. I'll bet you'd find someone who would love to have it.

Don't let this get you down!

Becky

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Thu, 05-29-2003 - 2:32pm
I would sell it for $25 US or Can depending where you live postage included. I just want the material $$ back. The piece of cloth is 15" X 18". Email me at thundersdolls@hotmail.com if you are interested

Beth

The best thing for the inside of a man/woman is the outside of a horse-heard during President Reagan's Funeral

iVillage Member
Thu, 05-29-2003 - 2:37pm
I have calmed down about it but it was the principal of the matter. I should have known better than to have even started it cause as my Mom said 'You know she stitches too'. Well tough I was given a hand stitched bib for my youngest from a niece and I loved it.

Oh well as my dh just said-means you don't have to bother giving her anything else!

Beth

iVillage Member
Tue, 06-03-2003 - 11:18am
Oh Beth, I'm so sorry you had to deal with such a callous remark from a family member.

Your work is beautiful, and if I knew anybody having a baby, I'd be sending you a check right now.

Take pride in your work. When other people don't like me or my doings, I tell myself, "They're just jealous".

WE think it's beautiful, and so are you.

Lee Ann

Lee Ann

www.werenotafraid.com

iVillage Member
Tue, 06-03-2003 - 4:44pm
Thanks Actually I have sold it to some cyber pals who want to send a baby present to another in our group!

As for my sister or her family I will not be making anything for them again

Beth