Is finding time to stitch a problem?

iVillage Member
Is finding time to stitch a problem?
Thu, 10-08-2009 - 1:40pm

I've seen a lot of posts over the years from Mums, especially *new* Mums saying that they just can't find time to stitch, implying that having a child (or more than one child) around the home makes finding time very hard. I totally sympathize and certainly agree that the famiy comes first.

But this blogger says there are ways around this time conundrum. Here are 6 tips for sewing with little kids around:
http://sewinspired.blogspot.com/2009/10/6-tips-for-sewing-with-little-kids.html

Co-CL for "The Stitcher's Niche" and ""Shake Up Your Style" and CL for "Remodel & Renovate"

Visit me at That Yank In... and Traveling with That Yank

Avatar made with Portrait Illustrator Maker

In these economically challenged times, do you think we need a Repair Manifesto?

CL for

iVillage Member
Fri, 10-23-2009 - 9:51pm

Those days -

iVillage Member
Fri, 10-30-2009 - 6:00am
Thanks for the article :) I def. try to use nap time to work on sewing and other craft projects as well as time after he goes to bed.But, that can be hard, especially lately when we are having adjustment issues to moving and daddy being gone. The other night he was up till 4 am screaming and crying for no real reason just adjustment issues. Naptime has been hit and miss lately too :(
Photobucket

Lilypie

Lilypie
iVillage Member
Fri, 10-30-2009 - 1:19pm
Change is tough, especially for the little ones who on't really understand why everything they've known p to now is different... Be patient, you are right, it's an adjustment and he WILL recover!

Co-CL for "The Stitcher's Niche" and ""Shake Up Your Style" and CL for "Remodel & Renovate"

Visit me at That Yank In... and Traveling with That Yank

Avatar made with Portrait Illustrator Maker

What is your favorite needlework embellishment?
In these economically challenged times, do you think we need a Repair Manifesto?
What do you do to get yourself out of a style slump?

CL for