Back support product

iVillage Member
Back support product
Wed, 01-27-2010 - 5:39pm

The first casualty of my retirement fueled renewal of sewing projects was my back & neck. I finally gave in and bought a Body Rite support. It consists of straps & weights to hold the upper body erect - you can search & see it online. It's is helping me so much that I've taken to wearing it around the house to remind me to straighten up. The only potential problem is it wouldn't work with sleeveless tops - the straps go under the arms and would dig in. I found it on Amazon for the best price & got free shipping.

Jacquie

iVillage Member
Wed, 01-27-2010 - 7:21pm
Interesting. I get a sore upper back and neck too when fighting with my sewing machine... I always chalked it up to the tension (no puns intended) I have with my machine. But I wouldn't be surprised if my chair isn't at the right height and I do bend over a lot trying to see what I'm doing...

CL for

iVillage Member
Mon, 02-01-2010 - 9:12pm

I think I've seen something like this in the quilters catalogs. I've thought about getting one or two for myself. So does it work?

~Sam

~~Sam stitches well with others, runs with scissors in her pocket. Cheerful and stupid.