OT: Valentine's Day plans?

iVillage Member
OT: Valentine's Day plans?
Thu, 02-11-2010 - 9:46am
Valentine's Day is this weekend. Do you have plans?

Pages

iVillage Member
Thu, 02-11-2010 - 10:05am

How romantic! Watching luge together! LOL

No plans here that I know of. Dh, being male, has a tendency to let me know "on the day"!!!

I have made his card though..

CL for

iVillage Member
Thu, 02-11-2010 - 10:09am

Yeah, I guess that's what happens after 20 years. :o)

He has been wanting to hit the road to check out a campground in the upper part of the state.

iVillage Member
Thu, 02-11-2010 - 10:13am

It's 45 years here so consider that it can only get "more so"! LOL

A little snowy here to consider camping... 10 *new* inches on the ground (another inch predicted for Sunday) , drifts in some locations, and mid-20's. I'm stayin' home, indoors, where it's warm!

CL for

iVillage Member
Thu, 02-11-2010 - 10:18am

We have had below normal temps, here in Charleston, for several weeks. Our weatherman just said he looked ahead for the next 16 days and he sees no relief.

iVillage Member
Thu, 02-11-2010 - 9:42pm

No plans - the simple holiday has gone way over the top. I asked DH not to waste $ on roses long ago when they bred the old-fashioned scent out of them. He could never get the hint that there ARE other flowers - I really love carnations. There was a time when I bought him a box of chocolates, but after 2 heart stents and fighting the extra lbs., that's not a good idea (unless it is one of those days where he is getting on my nerves - LOL). But - as it falls on a Sunday, and I have been stuck inside so much, I announced that I we're going to Steak & Shake for breakfast on Sunday. DH love pancakes & bacon (which he gets almost every Sunday at home). I love any omelet that someone else makes, so we'll both feel well treated. This is as good as it gets after almost 52 years together.

I am going 15 miles to DSs to watch DGrDs while parents go out to dinner and will make heart shaped spritz cookies made with cherry Jello. Very festive, very easy.

Jacquie

iVillage Member
Thu, 02-11-2010 - 10:26pm
Now I wish we had a Steak and Shake near us. That sounds like a perfect breakfast date!

CL for

iVillage Member
Fri, 02-12-2010 - 8:11am

Jacquie,

DH and I ususally head to Perkins if we want a breakfast out. And like you, DH gets pancakes and bacon and I always get an omelet. I can never make them at home like they make them at restaurants.

Never had breakfast at a Steak & Shake. I think our nearest one might be in Myrtle Beach.

iVillage Member
Fri, 02-12-2010 - 9:14am

In case anyone wants to tackle cooking

iVillage Member
Fri, 02-12-2010 - 9:43am

S&S is always a bargain, plus made fresh when you order. Our location is next to a Cracker Barrel. What tickles us is that on special days, there will be lines waiting to get in there, while we sit at S&S and get our food quickly, plus no one rushes out. We can always tell the locals - last Mother's Day we saw a lot of families we know at S&S.

Yep, my omelets just aren't worth the effort. Plus I make "healthy" pancakes at home & DH savors the old-fashioned buttermilk taste at S&S.

Jacquie

iVillage Member
Fri, 02-12-2010 - 10:09am

WOW! That's quite a menu. And the odds of me finding the ingredients here in NW Ohio next to zero. Lamb is rarely found here in pig country, and when it is, it's usually two itty bitty chops (when I say itty bitty, I MEAN it. Two bites if you are lucky!). I've never seen a pomegranite in the supermarket here.

I hope her SO SPike (!!!) apreicates it!

CL for

Pages