How do you find time to stitch?

iVillage Member
How do you find time to stitch?
Wed, 02-17-2010 - 12:33pm

Is time an issue for you? Do you have trouble starting anything because all you can find is a few minutes here and there between life's necessary routines? Or do you just say "Phooey" to household chores and stitch to their neglect (like me LOL)?

Here is how the editorial director of Quilting Daily does it:
http://e1.interweave.com/dm?id=91C3A9811D93C99A807D2BC8AC6709E831464B43DE2AEF6E

CL for

iVillage Member
Wed, 02-17-2010 - 11:15pm

Fascinating! Someday I would love to learn to make my own printed fabric. For now though, I will use what I have.

Finding time is a big challenge for me. Once in a while, I have a weekend to myself where I can sew on my machine. But I mostly stitch by hand because I can work minutes at a time that way.

I stitch in the car while waiting and picking up my children at school ( I will deliberately get there early so I have more time to stitch) Appointments, naptime, outside watching the children play....Anytime that I can steal, I stitch!

I actually get more accomplished by hand.

siiy 2009

IF YOU ARE DISTRESSED BY ANYTHING EXTERNAL, THE PAIN IS NOT DUE TO THE THING ITSELF, BUT TO YOUR ESTIMATE OF IT. AND THIS YOU HAVE THE POWER TO REVOKE AT ANY MOMENT --Marcus Aurelius

Happiness is an attitude. We either make ourselves miserable, or happy and strong. The amount of work is the same.
- Francesca Reigler

siiy 2009

iVillage Member
Wed, 02-17-2010 - 11:57pm
That's why I prefer to hand piece quilt tops. They are more portable! When I machine piece, I'm pretty much "tied" to that corner in my basement craft room, where I can't even see the television, I I could turn it on, that is ( I don't know how to work the cursed thing --- it's DH's super duper computer controlled surround sound HDTV system and I can't get the remotes--- yes, there are more than one --- to work!).

CL for