Home again

iVillage Member
Home again
Fri, 02-26-2010 - 2:54pm

I went to visit DB & family in mid-FL a week ago, had a great time. If I ever win the lottery, I'm going to buy a Winter escape there. Next part of my trip was to travel to AL last Monday, to visit DS & DDIL. No more than got there, when DH sent me email that there was a family crisis, so I felt I needed to be back home to lend whatever support is needed. This was okay, as I had soon realized that 4 days visiting folks with fragile health was too much. So, after a short 24 hour visit, I was back on a plane heading home. The flight delays out of Atlanta were horrendous, but at least I got home. Some travelers never got into the airport in time to catch the last flight out. Our plane was only 1/2 full.

Also resolved not to bunk with folks who have radically different sleeping hours. Both households go to sleep around 2-3 AM, then sleep till noon. DH & I both are up early, then nod off during 10 PM news. If we are in a hotel, it's not a problem - we can always entertain ourselves. Very hard for me to sleep with TV blaring, so I was very tired when I got home. But - a nice nap on the sofa with my furbaby yesterday and I was back to normal and finally got unpacked.

So - except for missing the temps in high 60s, I'm glad to be home. So far, no one has needed me. Biggest issue was that my computer glasses broke just before I left, so I had to make a run for new frames this AM. I have bifocals for shopping etc., but it doesn't take long for my neck to get a crick.

Just about ready to set up to bind the postcard wall hanging. I picked up a cafe curtain rod and will hang this above window, so that the light can shine through the hanging.

Jacquie

iVillage Member
In reply to: jaybee458
Fri, 02-26-2010 - 4:47pm

Welcome home... Hope the family crisis wasn't so much of a crisis adn was resolved easily.

We lived in FL for 5 years and let me tell you, after a while there, 60 temps start to feel cold! And while I got "used" to it, I never liked the summer heat/humidity/rains every afternoon at 2 PM climate.

Don't ge me wrong -- it's snowing ere today, and cold and windy again and I HATE it. I wish winters HERE were 65°! Summers too! LOL

CL for

iVillage Member
Fri, 02-26-2010 - 5:46pm

I'm always forced to remind my friends from the South that our temps in mid-IL can be a steady 90+ and 98% humidity, mostly in July. Oh - no breeze.

Yep, I remember hearing about a town in the Arkansas mountains that was average 72 all year. I was ready to move 20 years ago. Bet I couldn't afford to live there now - LOL.

The crisis is ongoing, but at least I'm here if I'm needed. With Grands, it's easy to step over the line, so we let the parents take care of things.

Jacquie

iVillage Member
Sat, 02-27-2010 - 12:46am
Glad you are back home and managed to get rested up.

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Sat, 02-27-2010 - 7:09pm
It's always good to get home.