Had Baby :)

iVillage Member
Had Baby :)
Tue, 03-02-2010 - 12:15am
Just wanted to stop by and let you guys know I had the baby.

Thomas Gabriel was born Feb 27 @ 2:35am after an incredible fast labor of 5.5 hours. He weighed 7lbs and was 19.75 inches. My recovery is going great and my pain from before has completely disappeared.

We do have some nursing issues which is making for very long/exhausting feeding schedule. He is tongue tied, so we nurse then I pump and DH supplement feeds him. We do this every 3 hours and it takes about 2 hours to do, so we finish and then an hour later start the process over. However, we are hoping to get him into the ENT doctor this week to get the problem fixed and then we'll be able to just nurse.

Paul is loving his little brother and thinks he is fantastic!

Photobucket
iVillage Member
In reply to: trghig
Tue, 03-02-2010 - 7:29am
Congratulations on the new edition to your family. He looks adorable.

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Tue, 03-02-2010 - 1:37pm

Altogether now... AWWWWWWW1

He's a cutie! And what a great name!

Glad your pain is gone and good luck with the ENT...

CL for

iVillage Member
Tue, 03-02-2010 - 10:15pm

Congratulations!

Welcome to Thomas Gabriel. You both look happy and great! Is it me or does Thomas Gabriel looks curious already ;O).

I hope you and your family will enjoy those magic moments... though exhausting for you and DH!

Nathalie
Nathalie
iVillage Member
Wed, 03-03-2010 - 8:29pm
What a lovely baby! Will you be able to keep your sewing room since you had another boy?

medsassistance5.gif Medicine Assistance picture by HealthAccount

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Wed, 03-03-2010 - 10:30pm

He's just beautiful! So glad to hear your pain is gone. I remember having sciatica with one pregnancy and how uncomfortable it was. What a miracle when baby is out and pressure on nerves is gone.

Hugs to you all, especially the big brother. Hope your's wind up as close as ours are. Our boys are 7 yrs apart and I've always told them we'll be gone eventually and they are closer (genetically) to each other than any other person on the planet.

Jacquie

iVillage Member
Thu, 03-04-2010 - 6:13pm

The ENT appt went great. He is eating better and gaining weight. Since we are nursing he will stay in our room until he no longer nurses at night and then we'll move him into the room with Paul. So, I'll still get to keep my sewing room :)

Photobucket

Lilypie

Lilypie