Calling all quilters...

iVillage Member
Calling all quilters...
Thu, 02-16-2006 - 11:11am

We have had a couple of "New to quilting" questions here in the last weeks and I was thinking that what we need is a FAQ page on our web site where we can gather answers and keep track of useful web sites, books, etc.

So all you quilters out there, can you help by providing the sites and books YOU used (and still use) when you started quilting?

What, you didn't know we have a web site? WEll, we do, but it's hidden in the post linked to "learn more about this community" at the top of this page...

Here is the url, which currently has FAQ for buying a sewing machine and learning to sew...

http://stitchers_niche-ivil.tripod.com/id2.html

Co-CL for "The Stitcher's Niche" and "Antiques and Collectibles". and CL for "Photoboard: Winter Celebrations" and "New Home 911"

Visit me at That Yank In...
and Traveling with That Yank

Avatar made with Portrait Illustrator Maker

Stitchery WIPs:"Neighborhood" RR, "Lady Liberty", "The Magic of Summer","Blue Porcelain Collection", "Walking to Town",and 2 sets of curtain tie-backs using a DMC freebie chart and the new DMC linen threads

CL for

iVillage Member
Thu, 02-16-2006 - 10:11pm

Carol, you can start with my response here if you like, I tried to

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Fri, 02-17-2006 - 10:33am

Thanks, Miika, and I like your idea of seperate FAQ/TOW pages...

After I get the taxes done (Groan) I'll start colelcting all those TOWS adn start compiling them into pages.

Co-CL for "The Stitcher's Niche" and "Antiques and Collectibles". and CL for "Photoboard: Winter Celebrations" and "New Home 911"

Visit me at That Yank In...
and Traveling with That Yank

Avatar made with Portrait Illustrator Maker

Stitchery WIPs:"Neighborhood" RR, "Lady Liberty", "The Magic of Summer","Blue Porcelain Collection", "Walking to Town",and 2 sets of curtain tie-backs using a DMC freebie chart and the new DMC linen threads

CL for