Good Snowy Monday Morning...

iVillage Member
Good Snowy Monday Morning...
Mon, 03-31-2003 - 6:05am
Well it is Monday so that means it is time for the goal updates and the week ahead. How well did you do in getting your goals made that you set for last week and what do you hope to get done this week?

Inquiring minds want to know!

Beth

The best thing for the inside of a man/woman is the outside of a horse-heard during President Reagan's Funeral

iVillage Member
Mon, 03-31-2003 - 6:31am
My goals for last week-"Now for the week ahead. I should get Carol's latest design up on our webpage- Did not happen yet!

"work a bit at least on the back stitch on Pooh/Tigger" I put that away for working on at the shows this fall!

"I do have to work one day at Walmart-easy day I think" Was not a bad day and I kitted up the new Baby sampler

"It would be nice to at least start on the other sampler I got everything for." Started finished, sewn, scanned and ready to ship to the person who is getting it as a surprise!

"Spring is finally starting to show it's face so I am not sure how much stitching time I will get in" What a cruel practical joke that turned out to be cause we got dang near a foot of snow since yesterday!

So for the week ahead........

Today I am snow bound cause I told dh to take the car-a bit safer than his truck! So maybe once I get all my housecleaning done I can get back to stitching! I love the baby sampler colors and it is making up fairly fast even with the frogging I have done!

I hope to get a fair bit of progress done on the Baby Sampler and maybe even a bit of sewing done!

Beth

The best thing for the inside of a man/woman is the outside of a horse-heard during President Reagan's Funeral

iVillage Member
Mon, 03-31-2003 - 8:15am
AAARGH! I HATE Internet Explorer - I tried to edit a misspelled word and

it backed itself right up back to the sign-in page (WHY do we have to sign in EVERY time?), losing everything I had written. Now I have to start over!

Anyway - it's snowy here too. ANOTHER AAARGH! After a week or so of 60 degree plus weather, this is REALLY hard to take!

Here comes ANOTHER AARGH! My laptop started getting really wonky last week, and finally AOL really kludged up, losing (or at least hiding) my personal file cabinet. That means that, while I could access my address book and read mail while online, and I COULD get online to the boards, with only about 50% more crashes involved while trying to access H&G (I never did figure out why parentsplace would load but H&G would crash whenever I'd try to answer a post), I could NOT use autodownload to get my mail (because that would have sent it to the personal file cabinet) and I cannot work offline on my mail! Since both Norton Utilities and Disk First Aid said my hard disk was fine, but that I might want to replace my Apple Menu Options preferences file (every time I opened that, the whole computer crashed!), and since I have neither the software to do that NOR the software to repair AOL, I took the whole machine to the local computer shop where they said they could upgrade my operating system to fix the menu options problem, and then possibly *I* could reload AOL and MAYBE it would fix that (luckily, I did have an early version of AOL which should work on that laptop with the upgraded system - the only thing I managed to grab besides Norton Utilities before we packed out of KSA!), but probably I will have lost all that mail filed in the "filing cabinet" AAARRGH! Double AARGH, actually, since they said it would take about 2 days to do this because they were backed up with other machines to work on, so they should be ready on Friday. Well, it's Monday --- no laptop, no calls, no IDEA! AND I went into imediate withdrawal from the boards (to say nothing of my mail) so I'm borrowing SIL's machine and using a new user name to access the boards. And while it allows the popups and all that this board requires (Again, I'm not sure my AOL will allow those popups), it also bombards me with all sorts of popup ads which keep stopping my posts in mid-type!

NATURALLY, the boards changed the day I took my laptop in, so I don't even know if the new format and AOL are compatible! AAARGH! again.

Needless to say, I didn't post any goals last week because by the time I found the boards again, they had changed format and the goals post for the week had archived!

Now, to get to the point - I have been stitching on that kitted Christmas stocking - swearing a lot (several counting errors already) because there is so much stitched with blended threads which is an extra pain IMHO and I guess my goal for this week, other than getting a few more pieces of tax information off to the accountant, is to continue to stitch on that!

Sorry this was so long!

Carol

That Ranting Yank

iVillage Member
Mon, 03-31-2003 - 8:38am
Carol, sorry you are having so much trouble! I am having a few problems of my own, so I know how you feel. Sure hope you get that laptop back quickly and all is well again.

Becky

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Mon, 03-31-2003 - 8:45am
Well....................

<> WRONG! I did get the last holly leaf finished, but not the mistletoe.

<> Now that I did! In fact it is nearly finished. It is so cute that I don't want to stop working on it to go back to my boring old holly and mistletoe!

So, this week I will finish the bib -- only need two more colors and some backstitching, plus a smattering of musical notes that I need to re-design to make them fit the space available.

Then I WILL get back to the mistletoe and finish that cluster.

We did not actually have any accumulation of snow because it was just a tad too warm here, but there was a mix of snow and rain in the air all day yesterday!

Becky

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Tue, 04-01-2003 - 1:41am
Well, I was out of commission for awhile (details in roll call). Before my "nasty cold" developed into full-on bronchitis, I finished one of the French doors completely. I am proud to say MIL was impressed when she saw it. She has finished the second one for me. Just need to convince DH to hang them. The small window may have to wait, I cannot lift the fabric or use the sewing machine until my broken rib heals (estimate 5 more weeks).

Meanwhile, I had switched back to working on the birth announcement and finished it. Except for the birth details, of course! (LOL - baby is due next week and I am probably the only Mom hoping I go overdue!)

Yesterday, I picked up my drawn thread sampler and will work on that until I can manage sewing again, then I'll finish the last of the drapes (small window - one panel only) and begin finishing a christening gown I started a long time ago.

Sorry so long!

Tina