Instead of Friday Five..........

iVillage Member
Instead of Friday Five..........
Fri, 05-02-2003 - 10:16am
how about just one question -- what flowers are blooming right now where you are?

I walked out in my yard yesterday and was immediately overwhelmed by the beautiful scent of lilacs wafting from the bush in my back yard. It is just covered with bloom and is so pretty! I brought some of the flowers in and put them in a vase in the kitchen, so now the whole house smells good!

We also have azaleas and some tulips blooming and I have pansies in the boxes on my porch that wintered over and have been blooming their little hearts out. Once we get hot weather they will fold and need to be replaced. I usually put geraniums there for the summer.

It seems like the wet winter was really good for all the flowering shrubs. I cannot remember them ever having more bloom than they do this spring.

Hope there is some flowering beauty in your corner of the world.

Becky

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Fri, 05-02-2003 - 10:39am
Flowers???

Okay, there may be an odd tulip peaking up (haven't seen any bloom yet) but that's it. Spring is only just begining to "sprung" around here. Dh and I raked/aerated the lawns but no one is farther than that. Buds are only just popping on the lilacs and some bushes, trees not even that much... I did get some pretty pussywillows 2 weeks ago!

You'd be nuts to put in bedding plants before the May 21st weekend!!!

Stacey (for color - we go to the floral shop)

iVillage Member
Fri, 05-02-2003 - 10:41am
re: pussywillows

LMAO - iVillage wouldn't accept this as two words, or even hypenated!!

iVillage Member
Fri, 05-02-2003 - 11:04am
Just tulips in my yard! But they are so good to be seen since the hard winter!

iVillage Member
Fri, 05-02-2003 - 3:43pm
Good question but so far not much blooming around here either. My Hyacinths are starting to blossom and my tulips are up but not even close to being budded! It has been so wet here for two days! maybe if we got a bit of sun things might start to bud

Scram-lol on the pussywillows!

Beth

The best thing for the inside of a man/woman is the outside of a horse-heard during President Reagan's Funeral

iVillage Member
Sat, 05-03-2003 - 12:17am
We have some (fading) daffodils, red and white-and-pink tulips, purple grape hyacinths, a weeping cherry tree and two rhodies (I think - they are awfully small for rhodiesm but large for azaleas...) -- and the wave petunias DHplanted are in bloom as well.

In the countryside, there are forsythia, redbud, crabapple, flowering pear...

My favorite time of year!

Carol

That Yank

CL for "