New here with a Q about machines

iVillage Member
New here with a Q about machines
Wed, 05-07-2003 - 9:40pm
I have always loved fashion design and REALLY want to learn to sew. I've been looking around for an affordable sewing machine and one that has caught my eye is Brother's XR-52C model. Unfortunately I can't seem to find any feedback on the machine anywhere, so I was wondering if any of you know anything about it and can tell me if it a good machine for a beginner.

Also if you have any reccomendations on a good, affordable machine for a beginner I would love to hear them.

Thanks in advance!

~ Chanie

iVillage Member
Wed, 05-07-2003 - 10:08pm
First of all welcome to the board. I hope you will come back and join us often.

I actually just upgraded my sewing machine today-figured it was about time I got a good machine since I do sew for a living and changing machines every year was getting annoying!

I don't know anything about the particular machine you are talking about but I do know that Brother sewing machines are among the best. Any chance you could go to your local fabric store and ask different people what machine they would recommend.

Beth

The best thing for the inside of a man/woman is the outside of a horse-heard during President Reagan's Funeral

iVillage Member
Thu, 05-08-2003 - 4:57pm
I am curious about what kind of machine you got, Beth.

Becky

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Thu, 05-08-2003 - 5:01pm
Welcome to the board, Chanie.

I am not familiar with that model, either, I am afraid, but as Beth said Brother is a good make. New Home and White also have some decent affordable machines.

Hope you will keep posting. Let us know what you decide to get and how it works out for you.

Becky

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Thu, 05-08-2003 - 9:43pm
Curiousity got the cat!

No actually I went to Sears and got myself a Kenmore Model 1760. It seems to be a good quality machine but to me the best has to be the 3 year no questions asked repairs for nothing!

Beth

The best thing for the inside of a man/woman is the outside of a horse-heard during President Reagan's Funeral