Suggestions?

iVillage Member
Suggestions?
Wed, 07-09-2003 - 11:09am
I made an awesome new dance top to wear last Saturday... but there's one small problem.

I have next to no bust, and it's a halter style. Looks great - still flattering cause of the color and cut - so you don't "really" notice the lack of padding. Problem is, it kept "shifting" and at one point I almost shimmied right out the side ((blush)).

I need to figure out a way to get the lining to "stick" to me better - does that make any sense? I'll use 2-sided theatrical tape if I have to, but that stuff hurts and will be a problem for quick costume changes. Do you know anything rubbery I could sew/glue/paint into it? I like the stuff inside "stay up" nylons but how do you put it on?

Any ideas out there ladies?

Stacey

Edited 7/9/2003 11:28:48 AM ET by scram1341

iVillage Member
In reply to: scram1341
Mon, 07-14-2003 - 2:48pm
Hi Stacy,

I always use toupee tape. It must be different than theatrical tape, because I've never had a problem removing it from myself or my clothes when the time came to change, but it sure does keep the strapless dresses in place nicely.

Good luck!!

Lee Ann

P.S. I'm a ballroom dancer. What kind of dancing do you do?

Lee Ann

www.werenotafraid.com

iVillage Member
In reply to: scram1341
Mon, 07-14-2003 - 2:59pm
I've been taking bellydance for a couple years now - and love it!!!

Am happy to say that after a whole life time of being *co-ordinatedly challenged*, I've found my niche and don't suck! LOL

With all that shimmying going on, it's no wonder my top shifted...

I'm going to try picking up a pair of "stay up" nylons, cut off the tops, and sew into my bodice to see if that makes a difference - if not, the toupe glue will be next.

Thanks for the suggestion.

Stacey