Pattern 4 a stuffed toad (frowny-face?)

iVillage Member
Pattern 4 a stuffed toad (frowny-face?)
Wed, 07-09-2003 - 6:00pm
Hello.

A little background:

I am recently married. I am 35 years old and he is 37. This is a first marriage for both of us. I love my husband very much. We also know that despite our age, we both still have some growing up to do. However, we are also both "young at heart" and goofy. We both like stuffed animals and sometimes hold one of them for comfort.

Sometimes, when my hubby doesn't get what he wants all the time, he makes a frown face that looks like one of those toad lawn ornaments! When this happens I usually can't help but to laugh and mimic him! Sometimes he starts fighting a smile, indicating that he knows he's making a big deal out of a little thing but sometimes he just wants to pout for a little while before he comes out of the bedroom to give me a big hug and a kiss.

For the past year, I have been looking in EVERY toy store for a stuffed animal that looks like my husband when he's upset. I have found stuffed frogs and toads that smile; I have found frogs and toads made of some kind of iron for lawn or patio ornaments that frown very well! But I have not yet found a stuffed frog (about 1/2 of a cubic foot) (not too small, not too big, but huggable by an adult male) that make one of those "frowny faces" that the lawn ornaments make.

So, I thought maybe I can try to make one myself! We both work full-time and are busy with household chores, so I can't do something too complicated. I might be willing to pay somebody if I knew where to look.

But I dont' have a pattern either and have no idea on how to make one.

After reading my post, I'm beginning to wonder if all of you are taking me seriously or if I really should have placed this post in one of the Relationship Support Message Boards!

I AM serious! I want this toy to be a source of comfort for my husband and to be a reminder that "it's probably not all that bad after all."

Can someone please help me?

thanks, Monica

iVillage Member
Thu, 07-10-2003 - 2:50pm
Monica,

I don't know if this is what you're looking for, but check out Lenny the Tree Frog at the following:

http://www.bluemoontoys.com./FunnyFriends/Rainforest/rainforest.htm

I have a Funny Friends growth chart in the nursery (cocoanut palm tree) and immediately thoguht of them when I read your post.

Good luck!

Tina

iVillage Member
Thu, 07-10-2003 - 3:45pm
Thanks anyway breakaway!

That frog smile a little too much.

Anybody else?

Thanks, Monica

iVillage Member
Wed, 07-16-2003 - 12:35pm
Hi, Monica, and welcome to the board! I am sorry I didn't get to your post earlier, but I have been away.

I think your idea is a really cute one. I am not sure if I can help or not. I do not know of any patterns, but I found this toad that might do, although he is not really frowning. http://anwo.com/shopsite_sc/store/html/toad.html

By the way, are you really from Rockville? The company I work for is based there although I try to avoid going there because of traffic. I am in the Baltimore area.

Becky

Edited 7/16/2003 12:38:14 PM ET by cl-nottoo

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Wed, 07-16-2003 - 2:24pm
Thanks for looking, but I think I'll have to make it myself. sigh.

Thanks for the encouragement.

Yes, Rockville, Maryland!

iVillage Member
Thu, 07-17-2003 - 11:51am
Sorry I couldn't be of more help!

Have you checked out G Street Fabrics? I love that store and they have some off-beat patterns. Lots of luck and I hope you can come up with a suitable toad!

Becky

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Thu, 07-17-2003 - 3:21pm
I am a lurker and only catch this board on occasion but try this site.

good luck, Patty

www.uniquespool.com/images/ patterns_frogbag_lg.jpg

www.uniquespool.com/images/patterns

Edited 7/17/2003 3:23:19 PM ET by yttappatty
http://s14.photobucket.com/albums/a306/yttap/siggys/