Frames for ornaments

iVillage Member
Frames for ornaments
Thu, 05-22-2003 - 3:56pm
Hi Everyone,

Where can I find frames for 4x4 ornaments I've stitched? I looked in Michael's, thinking they have EVERYTHING, and couldn't find any with the other frames, nor in the cross-stitch corner.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Lee Ann

Lee Ann

www.werenotafraid.com

iVillage Member
Sun, 05-25-2003 - 7:22pm
Hi!

I always have that dilemma -- finding frames for round or square designs! However, I have had quite a bit of luck in dollar stores! There are usually some small frames or odd shapes that will work. Also, a long time ago, photos used to be 3 1/2" x 3 1/2". Could you possibly get your hands on this size frame? And if so, would you have to trim off 1/2" of your design for it to work? Some photography shops might stock odd size frames and then you wouldn't have to go the custom-framing route.

Good luck,

Peach Blossom

iVillage Member
Wed, 05-28-2003 - 10:31am
Lee Ann, most craft stores sell framing pieces that you can assemble yourself into almost any size frame. You buy them in packs of two pieces. For instance to make an 8 x 10 frame you would buy a pack of two 8" pieces and a pack of two 10" pieces. I am not sure if they come as small as 4", but if they do, you could buy two of those and put them together. HTH!

Becky

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Tue, 06-03-2003 - 11:26am
Thanks! I'll take a look in Michael's this weekend.

Plan B is to make them into skinny pillow ornaments by sewing some leftover gold satin nightgown fabric to the back and stuffing it slightly.

Lee Ann

Lee Ann

www.werenotafraid.com