Goals for Monday, April 7

iVillage Member
Goals for Monday, April 7
Mon, 04-07-2003 - 7:30am
So how did last week go? Did you meet your goals? Bypass them? Or not even close? What have you got planned for the week ahead?

Tell us here in our new goals folder!

Beth

The best thing for the inside of a man/woman is the outside of a horse-heard during President Reagan's Funeral

iVillage Member
Mon, 04-07-2003 - 7:47am
I had an easy week and I managed to get a fair amount of stitching done on my bunny sampler! Actually I spent most of the week working on it-didn't feel like doing much else. I also finally got some sewing done this weekend as I made 3 huge dog bed covers for Val. What a job!

I also sewed up 2 baby blankets for 2 nieces that are both due in September! I know early to get them made but with my luck otherwise they would have never gotten done!

Now for the week ahead. I need to get back into sewing doll clothes or I will not have enough stuff to start the craft season and the first show is seriously right around the corner in June. Time flies around here like crazy. I also have to work Walmart this week-big day. As for stitching I am hoping to get in let's say 2 hours at least!

Beth

The best thing for the inside of a man/woman is the outside of a horse-heard during President Reagan's Funeral

iVillage Member
Mon, 04-07-2003 - 10:11pm
I finished the bottom half of the center portion of Day! I actually stitched for about 5 hours.

I also started sorting out my "not in use" threads that were all jumbled together in a plastic bag and in little baggies, and just thrown all together! This was part of my closet spring cleaning exercise on Sunday afternoon. I also put away all my heavy winter sweaters and dug out the short sleeves, so my closet is now full of warm and transitional weather stuff.

This week, I will start on the top half of Day, which is basically from her hips up. Hoping to get in another five hours this week.

I will also finish sorting out my threads, so I can find them. Most of them are on cards, and that was the easy part, I just got a second box to hold them all, and put them in numerical order (the box is now packed and I need to get a third and more cards for the rest).

Little

Be the change you want to see in the world ~ Mahatma Gandhi

iVillage Member
Tue, 04-08-2003 - 12:46am
"I guess my goal for this week, other than getting a few more pieces of tax information off to the accountant, is to continue to stitch on that!"

Well, I DID get the tax information off to the accountant (and ma now breathlesly awaiting the necessary forms so I can apply for an extension, pay what they think I will owe, and pay 2003's first quarterly installment.

But, sadly, I didn't stitch one stitch.

Have no idea why...

Did read a lot though - four books by Jennifer Chiarivini (sp?) in something called "The Elm Tree Quilt" series. A series of books about a group of women and how quilting fucntions in thier lives (fictional). I could only find four of the five: "A Quilter's Apprentice," "Round Robin", "The Cross-Country Quilters", and "The Travelling Quilt". The author also has a book out about the quilts that the books describe... gotta find that and the missing isntallment!

Sort of stitchery-related, don't you think?

Anyway - for next week - (this week) lets try some stitching again --- and of course, there are those tax bills to pay!

Carol

That soon-to-be-imporverished Yank (since DH is no longer earning even sick leave - he's now officially on leave without pay, which the company so graciously calls "holding status"!)

CL for "

iVillage Member
Tue, 04-08-2003 - 2:55am
I thought I postd this yesterday, but it's not here, so I must have done something screwy. Anyway, my goal for the week is just to do some work on my drawn thread sampler (this is an UFO I put aside when I began finishing other things and started the drapes).

The drapes for the French doors are finished - DH just needs to hang them. The one for the small window is only cut and not sewn, but I can't use the sewing machine or lift that heavy fabric for at least another 4 weeks (until broken rib heals completely), so it will just have to wait.

Not much goal-wise, but we're keeping it simple this week!

Good luck to everyone else on their goals!!

Tina :)

iVillage Member
Tue, 04-08-2003 - 7:46am
Carol

Had to let you know that I have read those books by Jennifer Chivirani (sp.?) and love them. I am starting The Runaway Quilt today which was the fourth in the series and I bought the Quilt pattern book as well last week and I love it. It breaks down all the quilts that are either from or inspired from the books into a step by step format that makes so much sense. I want to at some point make the Sarah's Sampler quilt since it would teach you how to do different blocks. Good luck on stitching this week.

Maureen

iVillage Member
Tue, 04-08-2003 - 7:48am
Tina,

Hope you continue to feel better and that the baby is kicking around too much with that broken rib healing. Take it easy!

Maureen

iVillage Member
Tue, 04-08-2003 - 7:52am
Going to try and get back on track by posting some goals for the week. I want to work on the stocking again to try and get it finished for my nephew since I have picked up a stitchery project in weeks. I started a new scarf on Sunday though I only got two or three rows done since I ripped it out the first go round since I did something funky when I was stitching so started over again since I had just started it. It with a yarn called Eros which has two threads running parallel with little squares of color evenly spaced between the threads that look like little squares of ribbon. This is for an accessory scarf not a winter scarf since it definitely would not keep you warm if you wear it but would look nice with a solid color blouse to dress it up a little bit.

iVillage Member
Wed, 04-09-2003 - 9:40am
A little late posting this, but as you know, I have been away.

I did make my goal. I finished the bib before I left for my mother's and while I was there I finished that leaf cluster. I also got the bow finished.

Now I am working on the streamers that go all the way down the right side of the border. I think that will be too much to finish this week. So I will just get as far as I can.

I got a new jacket from my aunt this weekend and would like to make a skirt to go with it. I have a pattern, so I guess I will look for some fabric. If I find that this week, I may be able to get a skirt finished by Easter.

No other goals for this week except to get some of my research interviews out of the way since I have a deadline looming and a supervisor breathing down my neck!

Becky

Photobucket