Monday, April 14 - Goals anyone?

iVillage Member
Monday, April 14 - Goals anyone?
Mon, 04-14-2003 - 12:50pm
Did you set a goal? Did you make it? What's your plan for this week?

Becky

Photobucket

Pages

iVillage Member
Mon, 04-14-2003 - 12:59pm
Well, lets see................

I said I would get as far as I could on the ribbon streamers on my design. Not a very specific goal, so I guess I did that. I only did about an inch, but it seems to be as much as I could do. LOL!

I hoped to find some fabric for a skirt to go with the jacket I got from my aunt. I have looked in several stores, but no luck. I am very frustrated because most of the fabric stores nearby have VERY limited selection of apparel fabrics. They are mostly stocked for quilters and crafters.

I did get a couple of interviews done for my job, but not as many as I needed to, so that has to be a major goal for this week.

Otherwise I will just keep trying to find the fabric and stitch when I can. Lots of Easter-related activities this week, too.

Becky

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Mon, 04-14-2003 - 4:53pm
Let's see I said I needed to get back to sewing doll clothes-did a bit but should really get busy cause I just got a bunch of new patterns on sale and my Mom just gave me a ton of really pretty fabrics that she bought me in Florida. Nice incentive to sew!

I did get several hours of Cross stitching in and the bunnies are coming along nicely. Also this past week my hubby started working on the midnight shift which gives me the wonderful pleasure of helping out with chores in the morning-so not fun

Now for the week ahead, I want to just about finish the bunnies and start to see the end so I can do the back stitching. I would love to finish the wedding sampler so it can be sent to the framers but so far no set date, they are going to have civil wedding so the judge picks the date. And I found out today there is going to be a wedding shower at the beginning of May where this would be my present-no one seems to understand that stitching and framing does not happen over night-Grrrrr and I will do the best I can!

I also want to get several doll clothes made so I can then put that aside and do some much needed sewing for my kids done!

Beth

The best thing for the inside of a man/woman is the outside of a horse-heard during President Reagan's Funeral

iVillage Member
Mon, 04-14-2003 - 11:27pm
I did set my goal - and I didn't get any stitching done at all, despite the goal.

This week - just trying to get motivated again ...

Spring break for Dear Niece's school starts on Friday She is a child who gets bored as soon as she is home on a regular school day and cannot bear to be alone on a Saturday or a Sunday - she drives us ALL nuts wanting people over for sleepovers very single night of the weekend! I can just imagine how she will be for ten whole days! AAARGH! That means that, starting Thursday after school, the telephone will be clamped to her ear 24/7 - either talking to people who just left, arranging her next visit, or on AIM talking to the very same people she was just on the phone with! (WHAT on earth fo 12-year-olds find to talk about SOOOO much?) and I won't be able to get on the internet at all unless I can reach the computer in the wee small hours (the trouble is, with her, wee small hours with her friends and she is STILL on the phone...).

That means I should have a whole ten days to stitch since I won't be able to talk to you all! LOL

Carol

That Yank

iVillage Member
Tue, 04-15-2003 - 7:32am
poor Carol. That girl must have her parents wrapped around her finger from birth! I know a few kids like that and thankfully they are not mine! Mine got the joy of learning how to amuse themselves really young so they love to spend time alone!

Look at it this way-no excuse to not stitch!

Beth

The best thing for the inside of a man/woman is the outside of a horse-heard during President Reagan's Funeral

iVillage Member
Tue, 04-15-2003 - 10:25am
You are so right.

She is an only child, and right after her birth, her mother was diagnosed with MS.

So couple the only-child syndrome with the fact that there was never going to be another kid and she was royally spoiled.

The parents admit it, but the kid is skilled at wrapping her Dad around her little finger, and she excells at playing one parent off against the other.

Part of the problem, too, is I think she is trying sooooooooooooo hard to impress the "in crowd" at her school (by inviting each and every one to a sleepover with a grand tour of th new house), has recently become besotted with boys (at 12!!! she is "going" with Seth, adn has already had one traumatic break-up which doesn't seem to have lasted since she is *still* "going" with Seth), and is possibly pre-hormonal... Makes for a rocky ride!

But you are right - it is a wonderful excuse for me to "isolate", either in the basement television room (assuming she doesn't have a sleepover, which she prefers to do in the basement rather than her own room!) or the guest room (which works fine in the day, but not at night - bad lighting), and stitch!

Speaking of which, I need to get done with these boards and pick that stitching up ... NOW!

Carol

That Yank

iVillage Member
Tue, 04-15-2003 - 8:35pm
I said I was going to stitch about 5 hours - I did!

I also said I was going to organize my threads - Did that too!

I also added to my web page, although it is still not done. Check it out under the link in my profile. *satisfied smile*

This week, I hope to get in about 5 hours of x-ing again.

Little

Be the change you want to see in the world ~ Mahatma Gandhi

iVillage Member
Wed, 04-16-2003 - 9:20am
You may have to give the happy couple an unframed piece of stitching and get it framed later! Good luck on getting the date soon!

Becky

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Wed, 04-16-2003 - 9:23am
Wishing you luck on keeping out of your niece's way and getting some stitching done.

I do hope that you manage to steal at least a little online time in the next ten days to visit with us, though! She has to sleep sometime! LOL!

Becky

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Wed, 04-16-2003 - 9:28am
Love your webpage, Little! You have quite an impressive stitching gallery. I really need to get with it and start a webpage of my own. I have been told it is pretty easy to do the iVillage one. Just to find the time!

Good luck on your stitching goals. The weather is a bit too nice here for stitching much so far this week. But then, when it rained all last week I complained, so some folks are just never happy!

Becky

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Wed, 04-16-2003 - 9:20pm
Thanks! It is really easy in iVillage. I just chose a background I could alter a lot on and played around until I came up with something I liked. Little

Be the change you want to see in the world ~ Mahatma Gandhi

Pages