Goals for Monday April 21

iVillage Member
Goals for Monday April 21
Mon, 04-21-2003 - 7:15am
How did last week go? Did you meet your goals or no? How about this week?

Beth

The best thing for the inside of a man/woman is the outside of a horse-heard during President Reagan's Funeral

iVillage Member
Mon, 04-21-2003 - 7:38am
Let,s see I did manage to get a fair bit of sewing done and a little bit of stitching. I actually took my stitching with me yesterday to the family party but never did a stitch!

Now for this week I am housebound thanks to crutches for the tendonitis in my ankle so maybe I will manage to get more stitching and more sewing done.

I may even have a wedding date for my niece this week so I could finish her sampler!

Beth

The best thing for the inside of a man/woman is the outside of a horse-heard during President Reagan's Funeral

iVillage Member
Mon, 04-21-2003 - 9:24am
Beth, sorry to hear about your ankle. Hope it heals quickly and you are back on your feet soon. In the meanwhile, milk it for all it's worth! LOL! Happy stitching!

Becky

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Mon, 04-21-2003 - 9:31am
Never did find the fabric I wanted. I am so disgusted with the fabric selection at my local stores! There is one about 40 miles away that has a great selection and I know I could find anything I want there. But I just don't have the time or the energy to drive there. It is in the DC suburbs and traffic is awful getting there and back, even at the best times of day.

I did get a fair amount of stitching done. I finished up the ribbon streamers down the right side and started working on the gold frame on that side.

I should be able to finish that gold frame and get started on the cluster of holly and mistletoe that is in the lower right corner.

Had another very discouraging week at work. I have a number of appointments set up this week, so hopefully things will go better.

Happy stitching!

Becky

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Mon, 04-21-2003 - 1:39pm
It would be nice to get Evan's birth announcement personalized. I guess that's my goal. DH is home for the next two weeks, so I might actually get this done!
iVillage Member
Mon, 04-21-2003 - 5:36pm
I guess you could say I met my goal --- I stitched a little Saturday night (enough to finish one chimney on the house on the front of the stocking...

Pretty embarrassing though, to do so little in three weeks!

This next week - well, we have an appointment with a financial advisor to start the ball rolling on planning how to reinvest our assets to get the most out of them if DH doesn't get a enw assigment or if, Heaven forfend, he decides to retire early! I spent this morning at Kinkos xeroxing all the document I had with me (for 2002 tax purposes) that the advisor asked for...not everything he said he wanted, but over 140 pages should do him!

A friend on another board has set up a baby shower for yet another friend and I have to decide what to stitch for it. Looked fo patterns today after Kinkos. I've never stitched for a baby before, so this should be interesting!

And finally, get back into the swing of things in stitching (I WILL pick up that stocking)!

Carol

That Yank

iVillage Member
Mon, 04-21-2003 - 7:07pm
My only projects for the week are not stitching I am afraid. I will tend housework and my paper monsters. Maybe next week I will be able to get back to stitching.
iVillage Member
Mon, 04-21-2003 - 7:51pm
I finally picked up some stitching this past weekend by working on my nephew's dinosaur picture. I got the backstitching down on the head and part of body and then moved the hoop down to start on more of the body and finished the last two humps of color. Went to Michaels today (Monday) and picked up some beading supplies of beads and elastic cording to try my hand on some simple beading. Going to make a bracelet with some glass beads and silver beads. This week I want to work more on the dinosaur picture and maybe on the xmas stocking. Also take my two female cats to get spayed on Thursday.

Maureen

iVillage Member
Wed, 04-23-2003 - 12:49pm
No goals for last week - so for this week: I hope to have my new project thread picked out by Thursday night so it is ready to go on our trip. I want to finish DS's nautical sampler by then so I don't have to take it with me. And that's about all - not too ambitious (Sp?) at this point. Just packing like a wild woman!

iVillage Member
Wed, 04-23-2003 - 8:29pm
Somehow I posted under the wrong date, so here it is again.

Last week I said I was going to stitch for 5 hours again, and I made it (just barely). I have almost finished the bodice, and am starting on the top of the skirt where it poufs out from the waist. (Lots of counting and little stitching for the next few hours, I'm afraid). I hope to get in 5 hours again this week, got in one hour Monday to start off on the right track, then worked on job applications Tuesday night. After the dress, I still have arms and face, hair and ribbons and the sun and cloud.......I'm getting there!

Little

Be the change you want to see in the world ~ Mahatma Gandhi