Goals for Monday, April 28

iVillage Member
Goals for Monday, April 28
Mon, 04-28-2003 - 7:23am
Well since Monday has come around again it is time for our weekly goals. For all our newbies-we started Monday goals as an incentive for each of us to actually get some stitching done. But the goals are not limited to stitching only, you can put down whatever goals you really want to accomplish this coming week and then next Monday return and tell us how you did.

Beth

The best thing for the inside of a man/woman is the outside of a horse-heard during President Reagan's Funeral

Pages

iVillage Member
Mon, 04-28-2003 - 7:37am
My goals for last week were very simple-to get off the crutches and get some stitching done. Well I managed to do both! I was off the crutches by Wednesday and my foot is doing fine. I got maybe 4 hours of stitching done by deciding to do the back stitching on what was finished so far!

So for the next week I want to try to get at least the bunnies done and if there is enough time maybe get the sampler almost done.

I also really need to get this house cleaned-being on crutches last week means my house is so messy it is ridiculous!

I want to get some more sewing done, I have done well getting several new outfits made last week from the new patterns I picked up. I will be ready for that show in June yet. I would also love to get the skirt made for my dd we cut out last week.

I also want to look into figuring out a way to make a window seat for my bay window in the living room. We seem to be using the window to sit in alot more than before and I would love to see a pillow there.

Have a good week all

Beth

The best thing for the inside of a man/woman is the outside of a horse-heard during President Reagan's Funeral

iVillage Member
Mon, 04-28-2003 - 8:08am
I got all but about 20 stitches done on the top of the skirt. Now for the arms and face, hair, sun and cloud, then top stitching and beads. Hope to get in five hours this week, although I didn't last week, just four. DH had the nerve on Saturday to make the comment that it looks like I am almost done.....I guess that is relative.

Little

Be the change you want to see in the world ~ Mahatma Gandhi

iVillage Member
Mon, 04-28-2003 - 9:34am
Last week I said I'd try to get back to stitching on that Christmas stocking... Well, I didn't, sorry to say. I fear it may be relegated to the bottom of the rotation list!

But I *DID* stitch! I have a baby shower to stitch some gifts for, so I started two small "finger-tip" towels, one with a row of multicolored frogs wearing sunglasses (finished that one) and the other with pairs of lovey-dovey frogs and hearts, also multicolored (four of the six frogs are done on that) -- these all came from a chart/booklet called "Bugs and Frogs". I wqould have loved to have done some of the bugs, but I doubt that would be appropriate for a baby! LOL

Also planned a stitched square for a baby quilt and found a chart for a "Dreamcatcher" that I want to do for one of Charlie's AA buddies (who is part American Indian and really into Indian art of all kinds). (Can you see, I shopped at Michaels's?)

Last week, we also did step two of consultation with a financial planner in order to determine how to arrange our assets for possible retirement which is looking more and more likely! Although the company DH works for DID get a big contract recently ( -- if you watched "60 Minutes" last night, you saw them mentioned in passing, and no, it's NOT Haliburton, but the company did get tarred with the same brush! -- ), it's overseas in the Middle East (Iraq), which he *DOESN'T* want, they lost an equally big one which he *DID* want! Given the large number of personnel who will be laid off from the lost job -- it was a continuing DOE contract in the state of Washington -- who will be bumped to the front of the placement line, he probably will find himself lower and lower on the priority list for placement).

So, this week:

1) step three of financial planning

2) finish the second towel

3) start the quilt square

4) go back to working out after a week off (my pulled hip muscle seems to have recovered enough so that if I skip teh squats station, I should be OK).

Carol

That Yank

iVillage Member
Mon, 04-28-2003 - 2:12pm
Well, I made my goal for the week, which was to finish the gold frame down the right side of my design. I did that and got started on the cluster of holly in the lower right corner. I got 3 of the five shades of green done on the holly leaves. I will finish those this week and should be able to get the mistletoe in that corner finished, too.

I had a marginally better week at work last week, but really need to kick butt this week to be where I should be.

Just talked to my sister this morning and she and BIL will be flying here from Phoenix, AZ in July and spending a few days here with us. Then we will drive them up to my mother's and spend a few days up there with them before we come back here. I am excited about seeing them again. But I am going to need to work on a few projects around the house to make us presentable to house guests. Paint, new curtains, etc.! Need to get started!

Becky

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Mon, 04-28-2003 - 2:15pm
Beth, I love bay windows with window seats! We have a small bay in our living room, but it is too high off the floor for a seat. :o(

Glad to hear you got off the crutches and are doing well.

Becky

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Mon, 04-28-2003 - 2:21pm
LOL, Little. Your poor DH, not being a stitcher, has no idea what "almost done" looks like. It does sound like you are making good progress, though.

Becky

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Mon, 04-28-2003 - 9:46pm
Well this week I hope to finish my tote bag. I only have the handles to sew and put together. It is made of fat quarters and has a liner. 2 sides(short sides) have elastic and the long sides the ends are turned down and run a handle thru and knot it. Really cute!.You can choose whatever you want for the fat quarters and mix n match. Choose a different fabric for lining and handles. i saw it in a quilt shop w a Mary Engelbeight fabric and had to make one. jennifer
iVillage Member
Tue, 04-29-2003 - 1:43am
Thanks Becky,

I am making progress. In fact, I think I see the end in sight. I just put away all the threads for the skirt and got out the ones for the face and arms. Then comes the hair, sun, cloud, top stitching on all the top half and beads......Maybe by the end of summer. (That would be two years of intermittant stitching to complete it - I admit I have gotten sidetracked at times and not stitched for up to a month at a time, especially early in the project.) Then I can start on "Night", the companion piece. Hopefully she will go faster.

Little

iVillage Member
Thu, 05-01-2003 - 7:50pm
Littlemom1983 -

LUrker here. Read your profile - do you work for DoDDS? I taught for DODDS for five years and currently work for the domestic schools (DDESS) in Georgia. It's a great system, IMHO.

Lauren

iVillage Member
Fri, 05-02-2003 - 12:41am
Hi Lauren,

Yes I do. My DH is an ET and I have been the dependent spouse, working as secretary, aide, what-have-you at various DoDDS schools for over 15 years now.

Assistant Principal....OK, I give up. I have just searched the profiles of every DDESS school in GA and can't find your name.... Which school?

Little

Pages