Goals for Monday May 5, 2003

iVillage Member
Goals for Monday May 5, 2003
Mon, 05-05-2003 - 7:32am
How did last week go for you? What are your plans and goals for this week?? Inquiring minds want to know so tell us all here!

Beth

The best thing for the inside of a man/woman is the outside of a horse-heard during President Reagan's Funeral

iVillage Member
Mon, 05-05-2003 - 7:42am
This is what I said for last week:

So for the next week I want to try to get at least the bunnies done and if there is enough time maybe get the sampler almost done.

I also really need to get this house cleaned-being on crutches last week means my house is so messy it is ridiculous!

I want to get some more sewing done, I have done well getting several new outfits made last week from the new patterns I picked up. I will be ready for that show in June yet. I would also love to get the skirt made for my dd we cut out last week.

I also want to look into figuring out a way to make a window seat for my bay window in the living room. We seem to be using the window to sit in alot more than before and I would love to see a pillow there.

And I got next to none of it done! I did get about an hour of stitching on the bunnies and I did manage to do enough sewing that I can do the show next month cause I now have enough stock-barely but enough. Nothing else other than cleaning got done!

I did do some major clearing out in my material drawers and managed to get rid of alot of material to recyling-my car was full when I left here yesterday!

Now for the week ahead, it is going to be a full one with appointments and working on Friday at Walmart. But I hope to at least get an hour of stitching on the bunnies-I am getting close to being finished and would love to finish this sampler soon.

Hope everyone has a good week

Beth

The best thing for the inside of a man/woman is the outside of a horse-heard during President Reagan's Funeral

iVillage Member
Mon, 05-05-2003 - 4:14pm
I think I did okay this week. I finished the mistletoe and holly in the lower right corner of my design. Now I need to work on the ribbon and bells in that corner. I don't really know how far I will get with that this week.

I am working on a new project that I want to have finished by Friday. I am stitching photo mats for photos of me and my two best friends at our last outing for ice cream. I am stitching the words "We may not have it all together ... But together we have it all!" on 18 count aida and will use that to mat the photo. I have the stitching completed for one of them. We are meeting for ice cream again on Friday and I would like to have these ready to give them then. Wish me luck! I still have to cut the mats and get the fabric on them after I finish the stitching. The stitching works up pretty fast, once I got my spacing all figured out.

So, my goal for this week is going to be to get that done, and then if I have any time left, go back to the Christmas design.

If the weather co-operates I would like to get some annual flowers set out this week and get some tomatoes and peppers at the garden center. Plus a lot of work in my perennial beds! Lots of grass and weeds to remove from those!

Happy stitching to all of you.

Becky

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Mon, 05-05-2003 - 4:33pm
I am redoing the doily in filet as I think I finally get the pattern and it is going to be so cool to see it done and blocked out. It will make a lovely gift.!

Paula
iVillage Member
Tue, 05-06-2003 - 8:37am
Well, last week I stitched a lot -- but not what I had planned to stitch!

I did two finger-tip towels adn a bib for a baby shower (patterns from a chart calle "Frogs 'n Bugs" and two butterflies (based on some motifs from Donna Kooler's 555 cross-stitch motifs) for quilt patches (to go in a baby quilt for that same shower).

Also worked on retirement planning...

and acquired a new laptop!!! (A Mac Powerbook 17" G4!!! WOO HOO) which I am now fiddling with when not on line. Gotta getit online soon, though, since i need to register *IT* *AND* the MS Office software I got with it before the latter expires... Yes, I'm *STILL* a Mac person - alwasy will be -- and maybe OS X with AOL-for-OSXwill work better in this new iVillage format...

This week's goals: well it's Tuesday already and one day lost in the stitching arena - I still have the Christmas stocking to work up (it's only a bout 1/3 stitched and rapidly looking like a WIP that's turning into a UFO)

Yesterday we were back at the financial planner, getting some assets transferred into a single brokerage account, getting ready to manage for retirement. This took ALL afternoon! And we only got part way through before I finally said ENOUGH! This was going WAY to fast for me...

Today: a haircut, and Dear Niece's band concert tonight... Dh is being interviewwwed for a security clearance for a former employee of his this afternoon, so this afternoon (much to SIL's distress -- she considers the house to "unclean" for a stranger to be invited in -- she's a *REAL* neat freak...) an FBI agent will be sitting on the front porch steps with Charlie, asking him questions about my best friend's husband!!!

Tomorrow: going to Columbus to meet with DH's baby brother and attend a Fleetwood Mac concert (why? I have no idea! This was all DH's idea and he didn't consult with me... I must confess - I don't know if I know of a single song that I would recognize as a Fleetwood Mac song!)

Friday, DH has an AA retreat over the weekend -- so I suspect that Thursday (after we return from COlumbus) through Sunday, I will be able to stitch a lot!

Carol

That Yank

iVillage Member
Wed, 05-07-2003 - 8:44pm
*also known as my maniacal life*

I got absolutely no stitching done this week. I started to pick it up for a couple of minutes, but didn't do more than maybe two stitches.

I *did* get two job applications done. I'm trying to find something that has some promotion potential. I have the best job and boss in the world already, but my husband is transferring to Germany, so I need to do something.

I also got all my workouts (both yoga and aerobic) in - very important!

At work, we have VIP visitors this week and next, then again the following week a different group, so I am just running getting stuff finalized.

Maybe I'll get some stitching in over the weekend. I know I'll be working on more applications. When I need a break, I will sit and listen to a new thunderstorm cd and hibernate with tv and videos (something that requires absolutely no thought whatsoever).

Little

Be the change you want to see in the world ~ Mahatma Gandhi