Monday Goals for May 12

iVillage Member
Monday Goals for May 12
Mon, 05-12-2003 - 6:57am
Y'all know what day it is again and inquiring minds really want to know how you did with your goals for last week and what you have planned for this week so spill the details here!

Beth

The best thing for the inside of a man/woman is the outside of a horse-heard during President Reagan's Funeral

Pages

iVillage Member
Mon, 05-12-2003 - 7:25am
Last week my goal was simple and I said I wanted to get at least an hour of stitching in and I think I got close to 4 hours. At some point I may actually finish this sampler-looking forward very much to the end of this!

This week is hopefully 'a bit quieter' at least I am not due for work but do have an appointment with the school on Wednesday and ds has a choir recital on Thursday night. And sewing is something I really really want to do this week as I got some awesome material on Friday and I have barely had a chance to use my new machine.

At some point I do need to really get my act going and get ready for the garage sale I am having at a friend's place in 2 weeks-I have a ton of stuff that really needs to be priced! Too bad it won't price itself! And we usually have a bake sale so getting a head start on some baking would not be a bad idea either!

Oh and if it ever dries up at all outside I need to get the lawn mowed and the pansies planted that I picked up yesterday. At this rate of rain my grass will be knee high before I can mow it. They just said rain for the rest of the week!

Have a good week all

Beth

The best thing for the inside of a man/woman is the outside of a horse-heard during President Reagan's Funeral

iVillage Member
Mon, 05-12-2003 - 8:06am
What I said last week...

Tuesday: 1) a haircut, and Dear Niece's band concert --- done

2) Charlie interviewed for a security clearance for a former employee --- the interviewer cancelled due to illness so have to reschedule

Wednesday: go to Columbus to meet with DH's baby brother and attend a Fleetwood Mac concert --- I finked out; Charlie went by himself (said it was WAY too loud - which is partly why I finked out! Maybe I'm getting too old, but I don't LIKE concerts where I end upwith ear nerve damage!)

Friday: Charlie had an AA retreat over the weekend --- so I had lots of spare time and cleaned up my room, read a few books and started a new stitchery project (a chart of a "Dreamcatcher" which DH wants to give to one of his AA friends who will be celebrating one year of sobriety in a month, and who is part Amer-Ind and very taken with all crafts Indian...)

This week:

Today: 1) Charlie has his first meeting with radiology at MCO today. 2) We both go look at five houses that DH has identified as candidates (he finally came to his senses this weekend - maybe an AA retreat at a Catholic spiritual healing location was good for something! he no longer is faascinated with the $500,000 house with the tennis court! Now if only I can convince him that a river view is not compatible with water levels which are at 3 feet oer flood stage today!)

Friday: meet a iVillage friend at a rubber stamping store half-way between the two of us

Rest of the week: 1) stitch on that Dreamcatcher (it's not that big, lots of back-stitching, and should move fairly quickly) so we can get it to the framer ASAP; 2) mail off some baby-shower things I stitched up a week ago (couldn't do it last week do to Charlie's schedule *and* the weather)

Carol

That Yank

iVillage Member
Mon, 05-12-2003 - 10:49am
Sorry but I had to chuckle over the house deal-Yeah I think where Charlie spent the weekend made a big difference!

Sounds like you have a busy week ahead. Happy Stitching

Beth

iVillage Member
Mon, 05-12-2003 - 2:56pm
I did pretty well. I got my photo mats both done and delivered to my friends on Friday. They loved them!

I also did get a bit of stitching done on my long-term project. I got the ribbon stitched in the lower right corner and am working on the bells in that corner. I will try to get those done this week.

I had hoped to get some plants in, but we have had nothing but rain and the ground is just too wet to work in right now. I just mowed the grass this morning because it was too rainy for the last week and a half to do it. It was wa-a-a-a-y too tall and not easy to mow, but it is done!

I will go to the garden center this week and get the plants I want and hopefully it will be dry enough later in the week to get them in the ground!

Becky

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Mon, 05-12-2003 - 10:21pm
OK! This is starting to get old. More job applications. More VIPs. *whine*

Last week I said~~~

Maybe I'll get some stitching in over the weekend. I know I'll be working on more applications. When I need a break, I will sit and listen to a new thunderstorm cd and hibernate with tv and videos (something that requires absolutely no thought whatsoever).

I did a grand total of 30 minutes of stitching. I think my DH cursed me when he said that I was almost done a couple of weeks ago......

I did finish another application, and started two more. More VIP visitors next week. I didn't even get to the videos, and I napped to the sound of "Thunderstorm" on Sunday afternoon.

Little

Be the change you want to see in the world ~ Mahatma Gandhi

iVillage Member
Tue, 05-13-2003 - 10:11am
I think I can finish the Spring panel of my bell pull this week, and get started on the golf towels.

I'll look in the phone book for a seamstress in my area, either near work or home, to get my dress form fitted.

Hang up my late grandmother's framed doilies. I spilled water on one while watering a plant last weekend, and flipped out.

Lee Ann

www.werenotafraid.com

iVillage Member
Tue, 05-13-2003 - 1:27pm
Well, I don't remember if I met my goals, but I did get quite a bit done while on vacation. I finished the child in the alphabet sampler, and so only have 5 letters, a rabbit, and a butterfly until it is done. I nearly finished the nautical sampler - have just the yarn border, some "rigging" (backstitching) and the eyes (beads). I also did quite a large amount of my heart kit - which is my easier traveling project. But I'm not sure I came out ahead! I also brought home my MILs unfinished TW project, and her unfinished Mrs. Hathoway's garden. She has really gotten into quilting and has lost interest in cross stitching - so I offered to finish her projects! She stitches opposite me, so I need to really concentrate when working on her projects. So it will take me a while to finish them (maybe as long as 5 years for the Hathoway thing!), but at least they WILL get done! Enough details: goals are: 1. finish the nautical sampler. 2. work a little on the rabbit in the L&L sampler. And that's all because I need to get this house cleaned up after two weeks away!! Carol, as usual, you wear me out! How do you do it all? Had to laugh about the house - I can't even get DH to buy a bedroom set! and Little - what is a "Thunder" CD?
iVillage Member
Tue, 05-13-2003 - 2:46pm
I asked under your roll-call post what you are working on, but now I see you already answered that here! So Never Mind! Sorry, guess I should read the whole board before answering posts, but my time is so limited that I usually don't!

Good to see you posting again!

Becky

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Tue, 05-13-2003 - 4:42pm
While I can't remember what my total goals are, I think I did pretty well from what I remember. I have all most completed the filet doily, just have 2 edges to finish. Have done a lot of housework and I do remember that was on the list.

Goals for this next week, finish doily, and start some new things I picked up, window suncatchers done on PC with needlework: butterfly, sun, old fashined shoe, and a couple of others I can't remember. I am hoping to get at least one done. Also more housework and possibly if it gets above freezing again get some flowers planted.

have a great week everyone!

iVillage Member
Tue, 05-13-2003 - 8:44pm
"Thunder" is just what it says. It is a "Sounds of Nature" cd, and it is one full hour of thunder, rain, wind, coming in waves just like a real thunderstorm. It is *wonderful* for relaxing to, so long as you love thunderstorms.

Which TW did you get from MIL?

Little

Be the change you want to see in the world ~ Mahatma Gandhi

Pages