Monday Goals for May 19

iVillage Member
Monday Goals for May 19
Mon, 05-19-2003 - 8:35am
Here in Canada it is a holiday Monday but the goals and updates still roll around! So tell all here about how well you did or didn't do last week and what you have planned for the week ahead!

Beth

The best thing for the inside of a man/woman is the outside of a horse-heard during President Reagan's Funeral

iVillage Member
Mon, 05-19-2003 - 8:53am
"This week is hopefully 'a bit quieter' at least I am not due for work but do have an appointment with the school on Wednesday and ds has a choir recital on Thursday night. And sewing is something I really really want to do this week as I got some awesome material on Friday and I have barely had a chance to use my new machine."

My week was alot quieter but I didn't get close to that new material as the beautiful weather outside called me out!

"At some point I do need to really get my act going and get ready for the garage sale I am having at a friend's place in 2 weeks-I have a ton of stuff that really needs to be priced! Too bad it won't price itself! And we usually have a bake sale so getting a head start on some baking would not be a bad idea either!"

Got this all done and everything packed. I did up some baking and am hoping to do a bit more today.

"Oh and if it ever dries up at all outside I need to get the lawn mowed and the pansies planted that I picked up yesterday. At this rate of rain my grass will be knee high before I can mow it. They just said rain for the rest of the week! "

I got my pansies in, the flower beds weeded and the lawn mowed. Sure looks alot better outside.

I also got about 6 hours of stitching done on the dang bunnies and I actually FINISHED it last nighht-I am so thrilled to finally have finished them. I did some looking around yesterday and instead of doing the same pattern-not happening, I found another one that I bought and will get the material for this week.

Now for this week I need to work on Thursday and take all my stuff for the garage sale to my friend's place on Friday night and help another friend haul her stuff.

When I work on Thursday I will get the floss I need for the new design. I also hope to start another small sampler I would like to make for my son's music teacher but not sure if I actually have enough time to finish it before school ends.

Today I am hoping to actually get the last of my baking done for the garage sale

Have a good week all

Beth

The best thing for the inside of a man/woman is the outside of a horse-heard during President Reagan's Funeral

iVillage Member
Mon, 05-19-2003 - 10:06am
Congrats on finishing your bunnies! There are very few designs that I would have any desire to stitch more than once, so I understand you looking for another!

Becky

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Mon, 05-19-2003 - 10:14am
Well, I met my stitching goal. I said I would try to finish the bells in the lower right corner of my Christmas design. I did that, but then instead of going any farther on that piece I started a new one! This is a short-term project -- a Lizzie Kate Snippit for a graduation gift. It is stitching up quickly. I think I am about 1/3 finished with it.

I did get to the garden center and got some of the plants I needed. The weather did not co-operate with getting them in, though! They are still sitting in the flats!

So this week............. I will try to get the Lizzie Kate finished so I can buy some fabric to make it up into a pillow.

And I MUST get the rest of my plants purchased and get them all in. It is sunny today, but the ground is soggy so I will have to wait!

Good luck to all on your week's goals!

Becky

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Mon, 05-19-2003 - 4:15pm
Ok, missed any sewing/craft goals last week but did get some housework done.

This week I work three full days and have 2 nights of baseball so will not set up goals I can't keep. However, our long weekend is comng up and I have no kiddos and will be house setting for someone so maybe I will have some frre time to pursue crafts! Also as all my friends and family will be out of town, even more chance to craft!

I'll let you know on Monday next week.

LOL I am setting a simple goal so I won't feel cruched if I fail!

Paula
iVillage Member
Tue, 05-20-2003 - 12:25am
Wow, Beth - you got a lot done!! Congrats on finishing the bunnies - feels great to get a project done! Sounds like a busy week ahead, too! Make sure you take a few minutes to sit, relax and have a cup of coffee (or a glass of iced tea?).
iVillage Member
Tue, 05-20-2003 - 12:29am
Well, met my stitching goals. For this week, I really need to get caught up on some housework. But do have the goal of finishing my bunny in the L&L sampler. Am also hoping to get some scrapbooking done - but not sure if that will happen or not. And that's about all!
iVillage Member
Tue, 05-20-2003 - 8:59am
Really only stitched one day (Saturday) and didn't get a whole lot accomplished (other than discovering two rather serious couting errors which are going to mean some really complicated fudging -- since there is no way I'm going to tear all that out now -- it would take me back to bare fabric, practically!).

This week - keep on trying to work on "Dreamcatcher".

Otherwise, play phone tag with the house inspector, worry about how we will pay for this house, and try to keep my temper with DN and SIL and DH...

Carol

That Yank

iVillage Member
Wed, 05-21-2003 - 12:26am
Well, I'm late and catching up. I got an hour of stitching done on Saturday, and more application worked on and submitted. This looking for a job is a full time job in itself. On top of all the extra work at work with the end of the year coming up.....

I am setting no goals for this week but to survive.

Little

Be the change you want to see in the world ~ Mahatma Gandhi