Goals For Monday May 26, 2003

iVillage Member
Goals For Monday May 26, 2003
Mon, 05-26-2003 - 7:07am
Happy Memorial Day to all my American Pals.

Now on to the goals-Inquiring minds want to know how you did with your goals from last week and what you think you can get done this week. Spill the beans here!

Beth

The best thing for the inside of a man/woman is the outside of a horse-heard during President Reagan's Funeral

iVillage Member
Mon, 05-26-2003 - 7:21am
"Now for this week I need to work on Thursday and take all my stuff for the garage sale to my friend's place on Friday night and help another friend haul her stuff."

Done and it was so much fun-NOT. I hate hauling junk around! Even if it did rain I made pretty good money and sold lots of baking so I am a happy camper!

"When I work on Thursday I will get the floss I need for the new design. I also hope to start another small sampler I would like to make for my son's music teacher but not sure if I actually have enough time to finish it before school ends."

I got all the floss but 1 color for the new design need to get that in DMC cause Anchor doesn't have a subsitute. I got about 1/2 of the sampler done for the music teacher and if all goes well I may actually get it done before the end of school as it is easy to do

"Today I am hoping to actually get the last of my baking done for the garage sale"

I actually managed to get alot of baking done.

Now for the week ahead:

Today I have a doctor's appt for my shoulder-have been waiting for this appt for 4 months. I will take my sampler and work on it while I am waiting for the doctor! While in town will get a bunch of errands done.

Tuesday I have a much overdue hair appt and will finish any errands I don't do today as I will be in the same area of town!

Wednesday and Thursday I am working for a few hours so that will be fun as I am looking forward to it.

In between time I really want to get some sewing done so I can be all ready for the Craft show on June 14! I am also going to do some cookies and donuts to sell cause last year it was mentionned that there was nothing to munch on and I used to do tons of baking for this show years ago- so figured I would take advantage and make a few $$.

As for cross stitching I will get this sampler done if I have about 5 hours of stitching time so I am hoping to find the time somewhere!

Beth

The best thing for the inside of a man/woman is the outside of a horse-heard during President Reagan's Funeral

iVillage Member
Mon, 05-26-2003 - 9:22am
Still having trouble getting motivated.

I did stitch yesterday on "Dreamcatchers" and got the frames and the webbing finished, with only the "message", the beads and the feather ribs to go in cross-stitch (all feather "barbs" are in long stitch.

So this week's goal will be to keep on keepin' on! Nothing special planned for this week(other than invitations to four different Memorial Day picnics (and it is foggy and damp and cold and NOT picnic weather!)

Carol

That Yank

CL for "

iVillage Member
Mon, 05-26-2003 - 12:47pm
Well I did better last weekend then I thought I would.

I started a plastic canvas project which is done on perforated plastic canvas( like paper) which is called Reflections-Daydream. It has a butterfly on it and is about 6" long. I got almost 3/4 of the butterfly done, so this week's goal besides cleaning will be to finish this and maybe start another in the reflection series. I think I will use this pattern to make some pictures for the wall as gifts. It works fast and is very pretty.

iVillage Member
Mon, 05-26-2003 - 9:52pm
That sounds really pretty. Would love to see it!

Beth

iVillage Member
Tue, 05-27-2003 - 10:17am
Hello,

I've just started posting here, so didn't have any goals from last week.

This week I'm hoping to finish some golf towels that a 'friend' of mine volunteered us to cross-stitch for a golf league. They wanted 40 golf towels by June! (We started these in February). I used to have two hours each day to stitch while commuting to work, but now I get a ride home. I can finish a towel in about 4 hours, so if I do some at lunchtime today and Friday, plus three train rides, I can finish another one. Over the weekend I'll set aside an hour each day. I think they should give them as prizes rather than handing them out to every member of the league.

Also, I start sewing classes tonight. I was in the middle of sewing a vintage suit when I moved in March, and just yesterday hung my thread racks up on the spare room wall. I'll be really squashed trying to sit there and sew, I don't know if it will work. Maybe I will have to set the machines up in the attic after all...

Anyway, the instructions for the suit have become separated from the cut out fabric during the move. I was having trouble with the skirt waist. I used belt material, to make the waistband really stiff. Now it's too big, and really uncomfortable, and I don't know how to fix it. I was going to bring that to sewing class tonight, but since I can't find the instructions, I think instead I'll bring another pattern, and learn how to fit a pattern to myself. I'm very excited.

So those are my goals - finish as many golf towels as possible, and find the instructions to the suit (and dress) that I'm in the middle of making.

Lee Ann

www.werenotafraid.com

iVillage Member
Tue, 05-27-2003 - 5:29pm
Well, I'm a day late! The Memorial weekend just whizzed by!

I met my goal and finished the bunny on the Lavendar and Lace project. I also finished one chimney on Mrs. Hathoways Garden. And finished the middle heart of my kit project. So pretty productive on the whole. My goals for this week are to:

Finish the "W" on the Lavendar and Lace project. Stitch one square of Mrs. Hathoway's garden. Finish the main body and start the edging on DD's afghan (crochet). Finish scanning all our professional pictures. And hopefully scrap two pages in DS's baby book. So quite a lot, but I usually get an hour or so each night, plus a few minutes here and there during the day to work on stuff.

iVillage Member
Wed, 05-28-2003 - 10:05am
Better late than never? I hope so!

Between the holiday weekend and my computer problems this is the first chance I have gotten to get here!

I made my goal, which was to finish the Lizzie Kate design I am doing for a graduation gift. I also did get back to my long-term project and got a good bit of stitching in on that. (Credit all the rainy weather we have had!)

This week I must find fabric to go with the Lizzie Kate, to make it into a pillow. That apparently will mean a trip to the quilt shop as the fabric stores around here had nothing I wanted. That is on my schedule for tomorrow.

Today I must go to my LNS and sign my daughter and myself up for the `sit and stitch' they are having on Saturday. I have never been to one, but it sounds like fun.

As far as stitching this week, I will just keep on with my Christmas design. I am making good progress on it. I will try to get as far as the bow in the center of the bottom. That will get me about 5/6 of the border completed.

Happy stitching, everyone!

Becky

Photobucket