Monday goals for June 1

iVillage Member
Monday goals for June 1
Mon, 06-02-2003 - 7:40am
Eek June 1 already-man time sure flies by. Okay it is time to catch up on your goals from last week and set some new ones for this week

Beth

The best thing for the inside of a man/woman is the outside of a horse-heard during President Reagan's Funeral

iVillage Member
Mon, 06-02-2003 - 7:47am
"Today I have a doctor's appt for my shoulder-have been waiting for this appt for 4 months. I will take my sampler and work on it while I am waiting for the doctor! While in town will get a bunch of errands done."

Actually i saw 2 doctors on that one appt and I never got to do any cross stitch cause the waiting room was so full I couldn't even sit down!

"Tuesday I have a much overdue hair appt and will finish any errands I don't do today as I will be in the same area of town!"

Done

"Wednesday and Thursday I am working for a few hours so that will be fun as I am looking forward to it."

So far I think I will really like this job!

"In between time I really want to get some sewing done so I can be all ready for the Craft show on June 14! I am also going to do some cookies and donuts to sell cause last year it was mentionned that there was nothing to munch on and I used to do tons of baking for this show years ago- so figured I would take advantage and make a few $$."

Well I got very little sewing done but did get a ton of baking done up so maybe I can sew this week.

"As for cross stitching I will get this sampler done if I have about 5 hours of stitching time so I am hoping to find the time somewhere"

I did find some time and I think I am a bit more than 1/2 way finished. Maybe I can finish the stitching this week when I am working during the quiet times.

Now for the week ahead

Today I need to dig out my house. Wednesday I am working all day in the store and Friday I am running kids around from one place to another. At some point I also need to head up to see my parents and drop all the things I have picked up for them.

I should be able to get a good amount of time in both stitching and sewing this week. I really want to get most of the doll clothes I cut out sewn and I want the Precious Moments sampler finished this week so I can start the baby sampler

Have a good week

Beth

The best thing for the inside of a man/woman is the outside of a horse-heard during President Reagan's Funeral

iVillage Member
Mon, 06-02-2003 - 7:55am
I actually made my goals!

I stitched three different days (Monday, Saturday and Sunday) and finished all the stitched "beads" (well, there are two places I missed out: one black x-stitch and one turquoise x-stitch, but I'll get those later), and all the main ribs of the feathers. I even started on the words of the message, getting one and 1/2 lines (basically three colors) stitched (irritating bit: each line is at least in two colors, and all the colors are dark enough to show through from the back, so I have to start each part of each letter anew! Really eats up the floss, and is making the back look pretty raggedy!).

So, that leaves finishing up the message (cross-stitch), the long stitch bits (the feather barbs), and the back stitch (all three frames of the dreamcatchers, and most of the larger "beads")! I'll work towards finishing the cross-stitch part this week.

I'm taking my time to try to do this right (despite the fudging I've had to do because of two silly one-stitch off counts that I didn't discover until *I* thought it was too late to rip it out) since it is meant to be a gift -- but I suspect I will NOT make the man's anniversary date (he is a fan of American Indian art, and will be celebrating his one-year sobriety in AA soon -- if not already).

Otherwise, this week has only odds and ends to clear up regarding financial planning (another of my IRAs came back with a refusal to surrender since the wrong papers were filed -- I suspect this advisor of Charles' is a real amateuer at these things and that worries me) and the mortgage (still waiting for the 2002 income tax return and I hope that won't be too late for us to get finalized in time).

Carol

That Yank

P.S. Did I say, we bought me a car! A 2002 VW Golf (essentially new -- never left the dealer's showroom), black-on-black, and loaded with everything but the "monster" music system (which I didn't want anyway). Now I HAVE to pass that driving test!

CL for "

iVillage Member
Mon, 06-02-2003 - 11:44am
I met some goals, and not others. I finished DD's afghan and started on DS's. I didn't fininsh the "W" on my sampler (only half done), but did complete one square of Mrs. Hathoway's garden (and I stitched a little on a TW). I scrapped a two-page layout in DS's baby book. But didn't finish scanning, putting away our profesional pictures. This next week is looking very busy - both my neighbor and I discovered we're NOT leaving, so we will be going to Home Depot for flowers tonight. Then Tuesday I drive over to my sister's to see my Dad, visiting from Phoenix. Then Thursday I have plans to sit and have a grand chat with one of my friends. Plus GOBS of housework between. So plenty to keep me busy. So will only try to do another 2 page layout in DS's book, and finish the W in the L&L sampler. LOVE THIS SUNNY WEATHER!!
iVillage Member
Mon, 06-02-2003 - 12:35pm
Well, I sort of made most of my goals. I got the fabric for the pillow for the Lizzie Kate. I got DD and me signed up for the sit'n'stitch (more on that later). But I did not get as far as I hoped on my Christmas design in spite of spending two hours on it during the sit'n'stitch. I did get one more cluster of leaves and one more twist of ribbon done, but still have another mistletoe sprig and some of the frame before I get to the bow in the center.

This week I will try to get to the bow in the center and finish that. I also need to get that pillow made as my young friend graduated Wednesday!

We are finally getting some dry weather, so maybe the ground will be dry enough to get some more plants in and get some veggie seeds in my garden!

I will be pretty busy with work this week and also need to get some heavy-duty cleaning done! I got a start on that this morning because we are having a new mattress set delivered this afternoon, so DH and I moved furniture around in the bedroom and I vacuumed into all the spaces that I usually can't get to!

That's about it!

Becky

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Mon, 06-02-2003 - 12:37pm
Congrats on the car, Carol! That will be a really big boost to you. And it sure does provide a lot of incentive to pass that test! LOL!

Becky

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Tue, 06-03-2003 - 11:33am
I'm so happy! Last night my 'friend' picked up the last of the golf towels she 'volunteered' US to make for another friend's golf league. He wanted 40 towels! We finished about 20. I told her I'm not sad to see them go. She agreed, and said next year she'd make a different design, no more white-on-white golf balls. I told her to have them return the towels next year, and we'll just add '2004' under '2003'!

So now I'm back to my seasons bell pull. I'm just finishing backstitching the spring panel, so on June 21, the first day of summer, I'll start the summer panel. I may start the border for the panel tonight on the train.

I've been on ebay again, buying Christmas ornaments, and wedding samplers. A coworker is getting married August 9, so I hope to have a small one done for him by then. I also teach ballroom dancing part time, and most of my students are couples preparing for their first dance at their wedding receptions. It would be a nice token for me to give a small sampler to some of the more long-term couples. Or maybe as anniversary gifts. One of my first couples just celebrated their 8th wedding anniversary! We've kept in touch all this time, through Christmas cards, birth announcements, and housewarming parties.

So my goals for this week are to get a spare knob for my bell pull frame, look in Michael's for some frame kits for some 4x4 ornaments, and start some Christmas ornaments until the wedding stitch kits arrive frome bay.

My sewing class was cancelled this week due to a death in the teacher's family, so this weekend I'll also cut out the pieces for DF's tango costume, to be sewn in next Monday night's class.

Lee Ann

www.werenotafraid.com

iVillage Member
Tue, 06-03-2003 - 4:50pm
Congrats on getting the towels done. I bet doing white on white golfballs was far from easy!

Beth