Goals - Monday, June 9

iVillage Member
Goals - Monday, June 9
Mon, 06-09-2003 - 9:53am
Monday again! So it's time to report in on any goals you set last week! How did you do?

What are your goals, stitching or otherwise, for the coming week?

Becky

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Mon, 06-09-2003 - 9:58am
Well, I did not make my goals! But I did make progress.

I got the pillow top done and am in the process of pinning on the ruffle. Hope to finish it today.

On my stitching project, I finished up as far as the bow in the center of the bottom, but only got one stitch of the bow done! LOL! I will get the bow done this week, but maybe not much more.

I need to get some cleaning done. Got a little done last week because of new mattress being delivered, but some of the stuff we moved to make room for the delivery men to maneuver has still not been returned to its rightful place. And there is much more to do!!!

Becky

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Mon, 06-09-2003 - 11:28am
Had a very productive "sewing" weekend here...

Started out completely ripping apart my sewing closet - and repacking / sorting all the "stash into clear rubbermaid bins, sorting all the notions (I'm talking ALOT here - just got all my grams stuff from cleaning out the house), and general sewing room spring cleaning.

Took almost 2 days but worth it. Only one problem now... since I can *see* all the fabric, it's realllllly hard to justify another trip to the store knowing there are 4 giant bins worth waiting for me. LMAO - Dh will have a fit when he see it all - there certainly was an advantage to the old cardboard box method.

Spent most of Sunday sewing - made a cute wrap around blouse for me, and a party dress for dd (for a wedding next month).

Oh yeah, took the kids to see the new Disney movie too... Finding Nemo.

Pretty good show.

So now that I'm in the mood... I'll probably try and get a bit more done this week - I still need a vest (for me - same wedding), and a couple sundresses for the kids. Maybe something for a b'day party this weekend too (a child's apron?) .

Stacey - Oh, and I can't for get the mountian of laundry to deal with.

iVillage Member
Mon, 06-09-2003 - 3:12pm
WOO HOO!

I did it! Finished "Dreamcatchers" Saturday: all pressed and photographed (DH even used my "new" camera so I can do it from now on!) and ready to present to his friend (adn thena sk for it back so we can get it framed!!! LOL)!

I ALSO got three baby items (a wash mit, a bib and a burp towel) stitched with motifs from a pamphlet called Bears adn Bunnies (the ones I chose included pandas and baloons) and a fourth (one of a pair of finger-tip towels) hald stitched in the same theme of pandas and baloons. These are replacements for a set (fingertip towels and bibs) stitched with frogs with sunglasses (!!!) which seems to have gone astray in the mails... (maybe just as well since they determined the sex of the baby-to-be AFTER I mailed off my gift -- and it's gonna be a girl. Mqybe frogs, even wih sunglasses, isn't that girly!). With my luck, as soon as I finish this set and mail it, the frogs will "resurface" (no pun intened!)!

I want to finish the two fingertip towels,,, and ten I will think about what I want to do next... I have all these charts (both purchased *and* from various magazines) to say nothing of all the WIPS I've got going (as to where they are going, possibly to UFP-dom!)

This week: Paid bills today but still have to reconcile the checkbook and set up a new Quicken file for the new investment accounts we are setting up as we close out various

annuities and IRAs in preparation for retirement (maybe)...

Appointment for a haircut on Tuesday.

No other actual plans...

Carol

That Yank

CL for "

iVillage Member
Mon, 06-09-2003 - 4:31pm
"Today I need to dig out my house. Wednesday I am working all day in the store and Friday I am running kids around from one place to another. At some point I also need to head up to see my parents and drop all the things I have picked up for them." I managed to get most of this done.

"I should be able to get a good amount of time in both stitching and sewing this week. I really want to get most of the doll clothes I cut out sewn and I want the Precious Moments sampler finished this week so I can start the baby sampler"

Didn't happen but I did get 45 minutes of stitching time in waiting for ds to show up. Almost done the Precious Moments sampler but I have not even looked at the Baby sampler cause I have a time limit of June 19 to give the other one to the teacher so I will work on that.

Now for the week ahead. Gonna be a super busy week cause today I worked at Walmart-tomorrow I work at the clothing store and on Saturday I have a craft show. I have also got 2 big sewing orders that I need to do so I will have a hectic week to say the least!

Beth

The best thing for the inside of a man/woman is the outside of a horse-heard during President Reagan's Funeral

iVillage Member
Tue, 06-10-2003 - 10:30am
Stacey, congrats on getting your stuff organized! I make attempts from time to time, but usually stall before the job is done. I know it would make my life easier if I would do it, because I wouldn't have to spend so much time looking for things I need! And sometimes I actually end up going out and buying something that I know I already have, but can't find! (Usually find it right AFTER I have bought a replacement!)

So my hat is off to you for your accomplishment.

Becky

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Tue, 06-10-2003 - 10:32am
Good for you, Carol, for getting the Dreamcatchers finished! Sounds like you had a real productive week!

Becky

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Tue, 06-10-2003 - 10:33am
Good luck to you on your hectic week! Mine is a bit calmer than yours, I think, but will be fairly busy, too.

Becky

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Tue, 06-10-2003 - 10:53am
Last weeks goals:

get a spare knob for my bell pull frame,

- didn't do that

look in Michael's for some frame kits for some 4x4 ornaments,

- didn't do that

start some Christmas ornaments until the wedding stitch kits arrive frome bay.

- didn't do that, but did get a wedding sampler in the mail, and yesterday got a hoop to work on it.

My sewing class was cancelled this week due to a death in the teacher's family, so this weekend I'll also cut out the pieces for DF's tango costume, to be sewn in next Monday night's class.

-Did that, but didn't get far enough on the shirt, so I'm going back Wednesday to (hopefully) finish.

goals for next week:

Get the spare nob for my frame, look for a 4x4 frame kit, start the wedding sampler, finish DF's tango shirt, look for the pattern instructions for the dress I have cut out and pinned (since last year), organize closets to make room for hanging fabric, because DF is going to make the laundry room into my sewing room, yea!!

Lee Ann

www.werenotafraid.com

iVillage Member
Wed, 06-11-2003 - 2:09pm
Wow! A sewing room all your own! I sew in my dining room which is not an altogether satisfactory arrangement. We have been considering changing one of the upstairs bedrooms into a sewing and craft room/office for me now that the kids are out of the house. But it is still in the thinking stages!

Becky

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Thu, 06-12-2003 - 11:10am
Yes, tonight I hope to organize some fabric by hanging it on hangers, like I've read some of you do. I have a rolling clothes rack in the laundry room already, with some dance clothes on it that I can move to the clothes rack in the attic. My hope is to hang the fabric on hangers, and attach the pattern that I bought the fabric for right to the fabric. I think the world doesn't have enough hangers...ha ha ha!

I'll also be working on DF's costume. The shoulders may be too small though, so we may still end up shopping for a top for him on Saturday night. I was hoping he'd be able to wear it to his dance lesson tonight, as a 'dress rehearsal', but that's not going to happen.

I've re-listed the entertainment center on wantadvertiser.com at half price, because as soon as that's gone, the laundry room will become my sewing room. I'm truly blessed...

Lee Ann

www.werenotafraid.com