Monday, Monday - June 23

iVillage Member
Monday, Monday - June 23
Mon, 06-23-2003 - 9:38am
Another Monday! Time to report in on your goals. How did you do with your goals for the past week? What is on the horizon for the week to come?

Becky

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Mon, 06-23-2003 - 9:49am
Well, I set a really wimpy goal and I didn't even reach that! I aimed to get one mistletoe sprig and one twist of ribbon stitched. The mistletoe I did, but only about half the ribbon and to be honest, I did most of that this morning, which doesn't really count!

So, I will finish that twist of ribbon and move on to the next bunch of holly and mistletoe.

I am getting down to the wire with my work deadline to get three more interviews done. One I have an appointment with. One is moved and we are tracing him. And one seems to be avoiding us. I hope to pursue him this week and get some sort of resolution -- hopefully a completed interview! I'd also like to finish the tracing of the disappearing one!

On the home front, I really, really, REALLY need to get some cleaning started. My sister and BIL are coming from AZ in early July and I'd be ashamed to have them see how bad things are at the moment!

And I am STILL trying to get some garden planted! We have had rain, rain, rain and there has just been no chance to get into the garden. This week is supposed to be dry -- until the weekend -- so maybe I will actually get this done, too!

Becky

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Mon, 06-23-2003 - 11:10am
Last week's goals:

1) Choose a pattern for a wedding dress *DONE*

2) Buy fabric for wedding dress *DONE*

3) Prep fabric, cut out pattern pieces *DONE*

4) Bring to sewing class Monday night to get started *will do tonight*

5) continue cross stitching wedding gift for coworker while commuting to work on the train. *finished the heart at the center top, am 'branching out' (ha ha ha!) to the leaves on the side. It's a border of roses and leaves around their centered names and wedding date.

New goals for this week:

1) Continue working on wedding gift on the train.

2) Mark pattern pieces, make waistband of skirt of taupe georgette overlayed with sheer fabric, lined with interfacing, attach to skirt, install invisible zipper (these are deviations from the pattern), hem skirt.

3) do yoga and take vitamins :-)

Lee Ann

www.werenotafraid.com

iVillage Member
Tue, 06-24-2003 - 7:03am
Geez . . . I didn't even finish personalizing the birth sampler! I did get it out and started figuring the spacing. I'm still at the stage where, if the baby is sleeping, my priorities are 1)go to the bathroom, 2)get a shower or 3)eat something. It's slowly improving, and definitely worth it, though.

Tina

iVillage Member
Tue, 06-24-2003 - 11:24am
Don't remember why I never got checked in yesterday but...

Anyway, I continued stitching on the "Historic Lighthouses" kit (blech) from Needle treasures: finished two of them (Sandy Hook, NJ and Cape Hatteras, NC) and got most of Portland Head, ME stitched as well (finished all the x-stitch on it last night -- only backstitching to go). Only two lighthouse motifs to go: one in Oregon and one in CA!

This week - do the backstitching on the ME lighthouse, get the Oregon one stitched as well.

I have packaged up (photographed, wrapped, attached a hand-made card, and boxed for mailing -- but it still needs the approprate tape *and* a mailing label) the "replacement" baby shower gift (and paid the bills so there are three tax returns that need postage as well -- IRS, CA and Ohio!), so a trip to MailBoxes Etc. in in order. THIS TIME: UPS with a tracking number on it!!!

My dentist appointment from last week was rescheduled to today so...

Other than that --- we will be pretty much at our leisure, and a darned good thing too since the weather is HOT and humid and awful!

Carol

That Yank

iVillage Member
Sat, 06-28-2003 - 1:51pm
Okay I know it is Saturday but I gotta take advantage of at least being able to check in!

I met all my goals last week and the kids were gone all week. I even managed to kit up another pattern that I now realize I will have to wait to get my puter back so I can have the design! Oh well at least now I can concentrate on finishing the sampler I am working on.

I had set a goal of getting the living room painted at least-finished and will wait a couple of weeks before putting the new border up. Having the kids gone and the weather so hot I got lots of sewing done-I had cut out about 25 cabbage patch outfits and have about 15 sewn so far.

My main goal right now is getting my puter back and up and running so I can be back full time by the middle of the week at the latest!

Beth

The best thing for the inside of a man/woman is the outside of a horse-heard during President Reagan's Funeral