Monday Goals for July 6, 2003

iVillage Member
Monday Goals for July 6, 2003
Sun, 07-06-2003 - 9:55pm
Okay I know it is only Sunday night but........ since I have not been able to post lately and I know I am going to be out running errands most of the day tomorrow I am posting tonight!

So how did you do on last week's goals and what have you got planned for this week??

Beth

The best thing for the inside of a man/woman is the outside of a horse-heard during President Reagan's Funeral

iVillage Member
Sun, 07-06-2003 - 10:18pm
Well since I finished the baby sampler I was working on this evening-well as finished as it can be before baby is born so I can personalize it I am now free to start on a new samplre. This one is for me as it is a horse! So I am hoping to be able to get at least 3 hours this week in on it.

I spent some time this weekend cutting out about 20+ doll outfits that I would like to make a serious dent in so I can have some inventory before the shows start this fall. I am also still on the waiting list for shoulder surgery so getting some extra inventory up before is getting very important.

I also need to work my now monthly contract out at Walmart so will try to get that done this week. I also need some more material so combining the two trips sounds good to me! I also need to work an afternoon at the clothing store. Next 2 weeks I have 6 days of working alone in the store while the boss is off

Okay I think that should be more than enough to keep me busy once I add in some riding time with my horse, some much needed training time on another and ds needs a riding lesson so I think if I get this all done I will be lucky!

Beth

The best thing for the inside of a man/woman is the outside of a horse-heard during President Reagan's Funeral

iVillage Member
Mon, 07-07-2003 - 10:12am
I did finish the backstitch on the Oregon lighthouse in the Historic Lighthouses sampler, and started cross-stitch on the California one (the last one!). I also took two driving lessons last week.

This week, our HHE effects are suppose to arrive sometime between today (but it won't BE today, since they *said* we'd get a call 24 hours before arrival, and we haven't!) and the 10th...so that means checking in the shipment and beginning to unpack...

We are also housesitting/pet sitting for the inlaws while they are on a week's vacation, adn so far are doing OK on that, *except* for the geriatric cocker spaniel who apparently misses his family and is refusing medication (he takes 4 pills twice a day, usually wrapped up in marshmallows, his favorite treat, but he's just turning up his nose at them now) and food, and is making a lot of "mistakes" in the house (which means the washing machine is getting a major daily workout on towels used to mop of the puddles). In this regard, we also have some medication to pick up at the vet's for both dog (I doubt he'll take it!) and the three cats, and drop a car payment off at the bank for SIL.

Of course, with our house getting "furnished" with 30,000 pounds of stuff, it will also be time for us to pack up the messes in teh guest room and move all of that over to the house as well.

And meantime, I need to practise driving a little each day, and get to the gym at least three days this week.

So, in between this, I'm going to try to squeeze in some more stitching...

Carol

That Yank

CL for "

iVillage Member
Mon, 07-07-2003 - 10:29am
Last week... ON HOLIDAYS!!!! Laid on the beach, got a tan/mild pink burn on the butt, built sand castles by the ocean with my kids, caught some big ol' salmon for the bbq, read a humungeos book ("Outlander" by Diana Gabaldon), went shopping, and managed to get *enough* of my beading done enroute home to wear for Saturday's show (it'll be a work in progess for the next few months or till I have another deadline - LOL).

The dance show was soooo much fun - we booked out a lebanese restaurant for the night and all the class got to have turns danceing between the tables during the night. I was so excited afterwards. The owner asked if I'd consider coming in to dance on Fri pm for his patrons!!! Big compliment - couldn't stop smiling! - but I'm not there yet (mentally or technically) so maybe in a year???

This week...

sewing: embroider a bridal hankie for the 26th, finish sewing my outfit to wear to same event.

other: hang out with dds at the local park, weed the neglected flower beds, clean house, paint a sign for community event, and take dd#1 to the speech therapist on Tuesday.

Not much at all - LOL

Stacey

iVillage Member
Tue, 07-08-2003 - 10:57am
Well, I wisely did not set a stitching goal. It has been a very hectic and frustrating week!

I did get some stitching done while I was waiting for my car to be serviced.

Housecleaning for Sister's visit is finally done, which is good since they arrive tonight! LOL!

I still have two interviews to try to complete for work, but I think these people may elude us. I am running out of time.

We will be sight-seeing the next few days and then driving up to Mom's on Friday. I will not be back until next Wednesday, so this will probably be my last post until then.

I hope to get some stitching done, once we get to Mom's, but I don't know how much. I am getting so close to having the border done that I am anxious to finish that, but doubt I'll do that well. I have one small holly cluster, a loop of ribbon, and the large corner motif of holly, ribbon, and bells left to do.

Hope you are all enjoying your summer.

Becky

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Tue, 07-08-2003 - 11:00am
Sounds like you will be a busy lady! Hope you are able to get enough inventory built up for your shows. I suppose the surgery will sort of slow you down for awhile if you get that scheduled.

Becky

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Tue, 07-08-2003 - 11:06am
Carol, hope your stuff arrives soon, so you can start putting your life back together.

Hope your pet-sitting experience is getting better. Those geriatric animals can be difficult! I am sure he misses his family and is quite upset about being `abandoned'. Hope he doesn't suffer too much from not taking his meds.

Becky

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Tue, 07-08-2003 - 11:09am
Stacey, glad you have had some time to relax. Congrats on doing so well with the dance show. That must have made you feel really good to get an offer like that even if you don't feel ready to take him up on it. That's exciting!

Good luck with your goals this week.

Becky

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Tue, 07-08-2003 - 4:01pm
I tried working on my wedding cross stitch when I was tired, and now have to take a lot of it out. I've set it aside for this week, and will catch up on schoolwork on my train commute to/from work.

Over the weekend I put the waistband on my wedding skirt, and installed the invisible zipper. Last night I set in the sleeves, and tried the jacket on. It was so ugly! I almost cried. If my sewing teacher can't help me fix it tonight, I'll have to wear something off the rack.

So my goals for this week:

Keep breathing

Don't turn into Bridezilla

Bring DF's suit to the cleaners for next-day service tomorrow

Alert Mom that I may be wearing a long gown instead of a knee-length skirt and jacket

Arrange for future step-son to go to sewing teacher to have his new suit hemmed

Don't panic. (too late)

Lee Ann, getting married on 7/11/03

Lee Ann

www.werenotafraid.com

iVillage Member
Tue, 07-08-2003 - 7:35pm
Yes cause I am really not sure what the recovery time is for my operation and cause there is nothing that shows up on the xray so they know the problem is not bone. But I have a dreadful feeling it has soemthing to do with the tendons so it could possibly be a bit of a recovery time but if it is nothing more than a fat deposit then I can't see recovery being all that long. As for getting it scheduled I have no idea-doctor said 2-3 months waiting and July is 2 months and August is 3. I am really really hoping it doesn't end up right before a super big show I have in September-that would not be fun. So while I am waiting I am trying to get as much done as possible as the shoulder in question is my right one and of course I am right handed.

Beth