Monday Goal Updates: August 4, 2003

iVillage Member
Monday Goal Updates: August 4, 2003
Mon, 08-04-2003 - 11:03am
Time to post your goals: those set last week (and made or not), and those you will set for this week...

Doesn't HAVE to be stitchy!

Carol

That Yank

CL for "

iVillage Member
Mon, 08-04-2003 - 11:05am
WOO HOO! I actually STITCHED last week. ALL of 1667 stitches in the base of the Point Sur lighthouse on the "Historic Lighthouses" sampler.

But mainly, I washed dishes, sheets and towels, polished silver, tweaked the organization in the kitchen and dining room, started going though the clothing that had been stored since we left Houston in 1992 (have filled up four large garbage bags so far for Good Will, and haven't even begun to try on old blouses and dressy clothing!), etc. The kitchen, "breakfast nook" (which we are actually usng as a seating area with couches and an old coffee table), dining room, and baths are pretty clean; the living room is laid out but there are still boxes in every corner; and the bedrooms are still a work in progress...

This week, I'm sure we will have to move things around in the basement a lot, since DH decided to build out the basement ASAP (and to get a deep discount, agreed to a flex schedule which means we could get as little as 24 hours notice for a cerw to show up and start work!). The contractor came thismorning to chalk out walls, etc. and we were told it would probably take him two, or more likely three, weeks to show up! HAH! he was here in four days!

Goals? Just keep on unpacking, try to practice driving so I can actually take that driving test, get back into exercising at the gym three days a week (missed today already), and try to stitch a little each night...

Carol

That Yank

CL for "

iVillage Member
Mon, 08-04-2003 - 1:23pm
Sounds like you are making good progress on the house, although I am sure there is still plenty to do.

Glad to hear that you were able to get some stitching in.

When do you think you will be ready for your driver's test? I am sure life will be easier once you have your license.

Good luck with everything and keep us posted.

Becky

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Mon, 08-04-2003 - 1:32pm
STILL did not do anything with my afghans. If I don't get moving very soon I will not get this project done -- 4 afghans by Christmas! So this week I really must get started!

I did get a few hours stitching in this week. Got the mistletoe finished and started on the bells. If I can get the bells finished this week the border will be done! So I will try.

I also have two pairs of pants to hem for DH. Not a big project at all, but one that I have been putting off! So I need to get those done.

Becky

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Mon, 08-04-2003 - 3:16pm
I finished the wedding cross stitch for my coworker last night at 9;30pm, and will give it to him today when we have cake for him. He leaves tomorrow for TN or KY for his wedding.

So this morning I started on the summer panel of my bell pull. It's a four seasons, and I've already done winter and spring. I made a mistake already this morning in the border, but the colors are really close, so you can't tell.

DH thinks I'm breathing down his neck too much, wanting to do too much together, so I'm going to dust off the upstairs porch and stitch there after work, giving him some breathing room. After only three weeks, doesn't bode well...

So, goals for this week:

1) dust off upstairs porch to get ready for sitting and stitching

2) work on bell pull on train and after work

Although I'd really like to get started on some Christmas ornaments. Maybe I can actually crochet my flurry of flakes that I got the pattern for back in the 80s!

Lee Ann

www.werenotafraid.com

iVillage Member
Mon, 08-04-2003 - 7:18pm
Evening. Only goal I had for last week was to get through my shoulder surgery which I did! The rest of the week has been pretty well wasted due to not being able to move my shoulder much. Same thing for this week -no sewing and no stitching allowed. I did give up and rip the banadaging off on Saturday night cause I could no longer take the skin rash the tight bandages gave me. I have to stop in at the clinic tomorrow to see if I should really have my shoulder tightly bandaged or not. I am getting the stitches removed at 8 am Friday morning so maybe I can get some work done this weekend!

Beth

The best thing for the inside of a man/woman is the outside of a horse-heard during President Reagan's Funeral

iVillage Member
Mon, 08-04-2003 - 8:43pm
Updates - I actually have stitched a bit - finished x-ing Day's hair. Now I have the flowers in her hair, the sun and cloud. Backstitching, beading, etc. to complete her. I also got more "stuff" put away. I am gradually getting myself settled in. Hit the gym twice since I got back last week.

Goals - get the flowers done, start the sun and cloud. Get more stuff put away, but take it slowly so that I can still find it afterwards. Work out at least 4 times at the gym and walk every day.

Little

Be the change you want to see in the world ~ Mahatma Gandhi

iVillage Member
Thu, 08-07-2003 - 10:29am
Don't think I've posted goals since we went on holidays 2 a couple weeks back. Dh fried the comp when we got home so I haven't been on-line much either.

That said... I'm gonna start fresh.

1) we're having a garage sale tomorrow and Saturday so I have to get my butt in gear today and finish organizing, pricing and toting everything to the right places. There's piles alll over the house. Will bake some treats for dds' koolaid stand too.

2) finished painting the guest bathroom (spent the last two days doing trim work and scraping 4 coats of old stuff off all the fixtures). It looks real nice, and will start on the attached office/spare room later this week - in same color scheme. Need to find bath mat/towel and sew a set of matching curtains for the room and shower door.

3) getting a TON of company on and off till month end so they'll keep me busy - good thing my dad like to paint! LOL Will start on all the xmas show sewing I have to do come the beginning of Sept when everyone goes home!

Lots of other small stuff... cleaning house, working on gram's family history "stories" (found a real humdingger of a skeleton in the libary archives - OMG!!!), swim lessons, bbqs, back to school shopping, and we're going to see Seinfeld Live on the 22nd.

Stacey